Diesel Mechanic - New Castle
- Posted: over a month ago
Ben Weitsman of New Castle, a division of Weitsman Family of Companies, the East Coast's largest privately held scrap metal processor, is currently looking for Diesel Mechanics to join our growing team.
We are paying "TOP WAGES" for experienced Master Diesel Mechanics.
Weitsman Family of Companies is an employee-oriented company that offers a competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Employer Paid Life Insurance. We also offer paid time off which includes 2 weeks’ Vacation earned within the first year of employment and 6 observed Holidays.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Perform inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, refrigeration units (Reefer), lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any company-owned equipment.
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, and efficiently.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Mentor, teach and share expertise with other mechanics to aid in their development to positions of greater responsibility.
- May perform moderate supervisory roles when Fleet Manager or Fleet Supervisors are not accessible.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Read and understand hydraulic & electrical schematics.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Works in adverse conditions at times including heat, cold, wind, rain and snow to repair equipment and vehicles.
- Maintaining equipment by listening to operator input, conducting inspections, repairing mechanical and electrical system malfunctions; replacing parts and components on all heavy equipment.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Diesel Mechanic
- Experience with hydraulic systems is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent quality work.
- Ability to define goals, meet urgent deadlines, organize and prioritize projects.
- Must meet attendance schedules with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work off hours, overtime and weekends, in an industrial environment which may include being outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions, work independently and multitask.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and background check.
- Possess a high regard for safety in the workplace.
This position requires the following personal protective equipment be worn at all times:
- Safety glasses.
- Head protection.
- Hard toe work boots.
- High visibility safety vest.
- Other protective equipment as required.
Benefit Package Includes:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401 K
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (6)
- Paid Vacation
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to this Job Posting or apply in person at 526 S. Jefferson Street, New Castle, PA 16101.
Weitsman Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Weitsman Family of Companies would like to thank all applicants for applying. However, only those who qualify for the position will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew Castle, PA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Weitsman Recycling