We are an established and growing full-service accounting firm in Westlake Village, CA seeking an experienced tax manager. Firm services include tax preparation/planning, business management, payroll, and bookkeeping. The Firm is dedicated to providing a high quality of service to our clients, as well as maintaining a positive and supportive work environment.
In step with the current recruitment effort, the Firm is actively engaged in the succession planning for the senior partner. The window for retirement is the next 1-3 years. With this "window of opportunity" we are looking for candidates that exhibit partnership potential.
This position is ideal for someone who is confident in their abilities, exhibits a strong work ethic, and who is ready to take their career to the next level. For the more experienced candidate, this position should present itself as a step towards business ownership. For those who have their own book of business, this opportunity should attract a person who wants to build a business based on a shared set of success factors, strategic goals, and business values.
- Prepare and review of income tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and trusts
- Perform/assist in tax planning efforts and year-end tax projections
- Perform electronic tax research and document findings
- Research and respond to correspondence and notices from tax authorities
- Review and prepare compiled financial statements
- Review and/or supervise the filing of business licenses, foreign reporting, payroll returns, property tax returns, sales and use tax
- Assist with office management functions which includes practice development efforts and the mentoring of junior staff
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in California
- 7+ years of experience in public accounting (tax firm environment is preferred)
- 1-2 years in tax manager position
- Ability to work in fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Software proficiency in Lacerte, Microsoft Office, and QuickBooks
- Stable work history
Benefits package includes:
- Employer paid health benefits
- Flexible working environment
Compensation level commensurate with experience