Our managers engage with associates by coaching, training, supervising, and overseeing to ensure operating standards and customer service levels are achieved. The following list serves as a sample of commonly performed duties.
- Follow company guidelines for providing quality customer service by greeting customers with a smile, offering assistance, suggesting alternatives when necessary and thanking them for shopping. Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude. Answer customer questions.
- Ensure fresh quality merchandise by using proper product handling and bagging techniques. Help with controlling damages and minimizing product losses according to company procedures and standards.
- Assist Store Manager in day-to-day functions of store operations such as merchandising, ad execution, associate engagement, and customer service. Coordinate sales and merchandising plans for each department to ensure proper stock levels and freshness. Monitor competitor activity concerning merchandising, pricing, quality, and comparison signage. Oversee department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports, product orders and supplies to ensure successful period-end physical inventory. Review schedules, work assignments and control labor costs. Assist with training, recognize performance, and develop potential associate talent.
- Must be familiar with company policies and procedures with respect to operations in all departments including daily checklists and reporting. Audit department procedures for receiving, pricing, stock levels, freshness, and quality. Enforce proper record keeping. Evaluate and enforce sanitation practices. Maintain health department regulations and meet company standards. Ensure associates work and operate equipment safely. Ensure compliance with local, state, and government food regulations.
- Follow company, state, and federal regulations for proper food handling and complete required product logs. Adhere to safety guidelines while utilizing equipment and utensils.
- Ensure smooth workflow within department by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Strive to continuously improve job performance.
- Follow sanitation guidelines to maintain department conditions. Ensure compliance with health regulations, weights requirements, and measures and labeling laws according to company, state, federal and OSHA regulations. Dispose of trash properly.
- Complete other job duties as requested by management.