Business Need / Purpose of Role
The Field Service Technician I is responsible for the delivery, installation, troubleshooting, testing and repair of pressure control equipment on customer location. Field Service Technician I is a skilled, experienced technician with the ability to perform most tasks independently, while seeking guidance or training for more critical tasks.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- At Weir Oil & Gas, our primary objective is to provide our customers with excellent engineering solutions through our products and superior customer service
- Effectively demonstrate the core values of Weir Oil and Gas at all times
- Follow all written policies and procedures safely without deviation or refer to upper management for guidance
- Exhibit and advocate exemplary safety culture at all times
- Demonstrate consistency, accountability, reliability and solid work ethic
- Exhibit a high degree of integrity at all times
- Prepare JSA (Job Safety Analysis) and POWRA (Point of Work Risk Assessment) on job site and perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with Weir Oil and Gas SHE policies
- Adhere to and exercise Stop Work Authority and Management of Change
- Safely install, remove, repair and service equipment on a drilling rig or well site
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers
- Provides technical expertise and direction to rig crews and well site supervisors, as well as third party providers when needed
- Maintain Weir Oil and Gas company supplied assets and any other equipment, including site specific equipment, as it relates to company policy
- Prepare accurate field service and sales orders in an organize, legible manner, in addition to any other documentation necessary
- Promote and represent Weir Oil and Gas in field service and sales
- Maintain a professional appearance and work attitude at all times
- Pre-check all equipment and processes prior to starting the job to ensure all equipment is operable and complete
- Must have the ability to perform independently or in a team setting
- Must be available on 24-hour call to respond to customer needs
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must have mechanical aptitude and the ability to drive a company vehicle as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, sometimes severe. Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to, steel toed safety shoes and safety glasses.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving; uses reason even situations analyzes when dealing with emotional topics.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.