Small civil litigation firm is seeking an experienced full time legal assistant/legal secretary/paralegal to become a valued part of its team. We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic who is detail oriented, can work independently and who is able to communicate intelligently and effectively with others, both verbally and in written communications. The ideal candidate is friendly, caring and helpful, able to multi-task, work at a fast pace and prioritize tasks while paying great attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle telephone calls from clients, potential clients, attorneys, judges assistants
• Knowledge of court procedures with prior experience in drafting correspondence, scheduling, drafting legal documents, and on-line filing.
• Knowledge of Florida Civil Procedure including Complaints, Discovery, Law and Motion, Pre-Trial and Trial Motion preparation, etc.
• Knowledge on using court dockets, specifically Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade
• Must be organized, efficient and pay attention to detail
• Ability to follow directions and accurately provide information to others
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion, meet deadlines and produce rush projects as assigned
• 3-5 years of civil litigation experience
• Familiarity with the Florida e-filing system including filing and serving pleadings.
• Computer literacy is a must and must be able to use Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Professional, database
• Must be willing to learn new tasks
• Knowledge of CM/ECF, PACER and Lexis a plus
• Spanish speaker is a plus
If you have the necessary requirements to become part of our team, please submit your resume and be sure to include your email address so that we can contact you.