This is an EH&S Specialist position with Weil-McLain, which is a division of The Marley-Wylain Company.
Ensure that the Weil-McLain Eden facility is in compliance with all applicable State, Federal and Local laws, and regulations pertaining to facility operations while supporting a strong Continuous Improvement environment. Provide direction to ensure that the Weil-McLain provides an environment conducive to the health and safety of Weil-McLain employees and the public.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage local Safety and Environmental Programs and provide direction for the Eden facility.
- Recommend improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Establish and implement plant-wide safety communications to ensure employees are aware of potential hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposures, prioritize risk reduction needs and drive closure of recommendations to reduce identified risks
- Manages Federal, State, Local and outside agencies with routine inspections.
- Conducts day to day activities including incident review, risk assessments, action item tracking, reporting, 5S/CI events, project tracking, etc.
- Delivers, plans, tracks and creates safety and environmental training
- Manages and leads safety board and safety recognition programs.
- Works with Business Unit Safety Manager to implement corporate and business unit safety activities
- Works to support plant wide continuous improvement and 5S efforts. Leads 5S Audits.
- Managing, develop and monitor monthly metrics and audits for EHS
- Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and recordkeeping data management systems to ensure compliance with all JM policies and federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal and hazardous wastes to protect water quality and comply with applicable regulations.
- Lead a plant-wide effort to eliminate solid waste by reducing process wastes, reusing, and recycling various materials.
- Ensure storm water and wastewaters are properly managed to protect ground waters and surface tributaries from potential contamination.
- Implement programs and best practices that ensure that the facility maintains continuous compliance with all storm water and spill prevention regulations.
- Communicates with leadership regarding projects, ongoing issues, and opportunities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Safety, or a related field is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in Safety Management
- Experience in Lockout/Tagout programs and machine guarding is preferred.
- Experience in and exposure to a manufacturing operation is strongly preferred.
- Experience Forklift training is preferred.
- First Aid/ CPR Certification preferred
- Must have Strong PC skills Computer literate with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications. Able to develop summary graphs, tables, pivot tables, and other reports using PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Must have strong ability to work in a team environment
- Must have strong knowledge of safety regulations and programs
- Basic knowledge of EPA regulations
- Ability in coaching and advising supervisors and managers
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing a plus
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop solutions. Problems solving and data analysis skills (8D, 5Y, statistics, etc.)
- Well-organized with a systematic approach to responsibilities.
- Training and facilitation experience and capability preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience in managing and implementing projects
Weil-McLain is a division of The Marley-Wylain Company, an indirect subsidiary of SPX Corporation, and is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Weil-McLainWeil-McLain, a division of The Marley-Wylain Company, is a leading North American designer and manufacturer of hydronic comfort heating systems for residential, commercial and institutional buildings since 1881. We have manufacturing facilities in Michigan City, Indiana and Eden, North Carolina, along with regional sales offices throughout the United States and an administrative office in Burr Ridge, Illinois. Building on a reputation of quality and innovation, we are committed to creating Simplified Solutions for our Complex WorldTM. Weil-McLain is a division of The Marley-Wylain Company, an indirect subsidiary of SPX Corporation, and is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law. Thank you for your interest in our company.