- Posted: May 19, 2022
The IT Manager oversees and provides dynamic, responsive, collaborative and forward-thinking vision, leadership and management of technology systems and services to support the staff and goals of the Firm. This includes planning, development, implementation, management and maintenance of all applications, infrastructure, security, networks, technology training, as well as ensuring comprehensive IT support to staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the Firm's IT vision and translating into actionable goals and IT strategies to support the overall Firm business strategy.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information. Continually reviews and identifies security vulnerabilities and eliminates them with strategic solutions or implements measures to protect firm networks and data.
- Stays current on technology developments and emerging technologies within the CPA industry. Identifies, investigates, and implements advanced technologies that would provide the firm significant operational and financial benefits.
- Meet quarterly with Managing Partner to discuss trends in industry and coordinate IT alignment with Firm's strategic direction.
- Understands the implications of technology solutions to organizational workflow & operations. Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Effectively communicates to staff any technological changes, enhanced security measures and ensures IT support needs are met.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Updates IT Policies & Procedures as necessary and ensures that all staff are fully trained on policy and procedures.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Provide direction, guidance, training, and development to IT staff.
- Supervises IT staff, including hiring and firing, performing annual reviews and check-in meetings, managing the workflow, and training and development of IT staff.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field. Extensive knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and methodologies of Information Systems analysis, design, security, operation, and maintenance. 5+ years of IT leadership experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understands the Business of the Firm - Financial and organizational structure; language of the profession/firm; the vision; trends within the industry.
- Leadership - Ability to set vision for IT and related culture in the Firm; acts as a positive role model; builds strong interpersonal relationships; personally accountable; holds others accountable; handles conflict effectively; ability to design and implement IT program changes. Problem-solving skills.
- Presence & Professionalism - Positive attitude; high integrity and trustworthiness; treats people with respect and dignity; strong work ethic; proven record of getting tasks done.
- Creativity and Strategy - Generates best practices; brings thoughtful approaches for consideration; asks for input from others prior to making decisions which might impact them; ability to advise, consult and advocate effectively relative to IT strategy.
- Teamwork - Builds collaborative relationships and engages staff; proactive; motivated by the success of others.
- Project Management - Commitment to organization time expectations; strong knowledge of project management principles and demonstrated results, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively communicate with Teams across entire Firm.
- Communication Skills - Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate to tech-savvy and non-technical staff.
TechnologyView all jobs at Wegner CPAs