Sr. Software Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the Role
To realize our mission to help people taste life to the fullest, we are building the most integrated grocery supply chain in the world by re-imagining how we move both fresh and prepared food. Our Supply Chain Management Systems team owns building systems to optimize supply chain processes and improve inventory management. As a Sr. Software Engineer on the team, you will work closely with product managers and supply chain/logistics business and operations partners to identify opportunities and improve the way we buy, place, and transport products throughout our supply chain and to the customer's front door.
You will work with, but not be limited to, these technologies: Java, React, AWS, SQL, Spring Boot, Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to design, build, and maintain our systems.
- Implement full-stack, high-scale production systems with fault-tolerance and monitoring.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with team members and the leadership team.
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop scalable platforms and products for analytics.
- Practice continuous improvement to improve team processes and our ability to meet quality / time to market objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering/equivalent field
- Strong CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design)
- 2+ years practicing solid object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in multicultural, cross-functional teams
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with e-commerce, supply chain, and transportation management systems, e.g. demand forecasting, automated buying, route optimization
- Experience integrating with e-commerce warehouse management systems, such as inbound/outbound dock management/scheduling
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Annual bonus plan
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
- Valuable opportunity to grow into your dream role by contributing to a venture-backed startup in a high-growth stage
- Thoughtful, talented, and supportive coworkers and leadership team
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,000-$160,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers
Softbank Vision Funds
TechnologyView all jobs at Weee! Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?