- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
The primary objective of the EH&S Specialist role is to protect and enhance the safety of our employees and our site sustainability through prevention, fostering a culture of caring where safety and health are ingrained as a core value, achieving world class performance in support of a highly efficient, low-cost operations via a zero-accident mindset. The position ensures compliance of all EH&S aspects of the site and sets local EH&S strategies for overall success in alignment with corporate policy and common practices.
- Support EH&S Manager to implement EH&S programs, Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), and general safety training.
- Partner with each site leadership to lead the implementation of EH&S programs, ensuring each site compliance with federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Coordinate with site leadership and HR team reporting and investigation of incidents, injury and illness, support EH&S manager with incident review, cost/benefit analysis, root case study and corrective action implementation.
- Support EH&S manager the implementation of Weee! 2-level EH&S compliance training program, lead the site general safety training and Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) safety training.
- Coordinate and support site Facilities Managers conducting preventative site sweep and equipment/facilities inspections.
- Serve as a key contact during emergencies, coordinate and support site emergency responder team.
- According to Weee! Regional business plan, support other fulfillment centers as needed, expect up to 25% of traveling.
- Doer, than a seller/commander
- Experience of supporting and implementing a general EH&S Program
- Experience and/or familiarity with related governing agency regulations (i.e., OSHA, NFPA, DOT, EPA)
- Demonstrated communicating, public speaking and problem-solving skills
- Experience and/or familiarity with warehouse, supply chain, or industrial vehicle/transportation
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Have the will and determination to take the ownership and responsibilities
- Bilingual - English and Spanish speaker
- Experience and/or familiarity with powered industrial truck driving (Forklift, Order-picker, Reach Truck, Electric Pallet Jack)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental or Occupational Health
- Experience in grocery fulfillment center or food industry
- Familiar with warehousing 5S principles
Softbank Vision Funds
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Weee! Inc
Get fresh Senior EHS Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.