Director, Logistics/Middle Mile
- Posted: over a month ago
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About Weee! Logistics
Weee! Logistics is the backbone of Weee!'s supply chain network. The team is focused on scaling transportation operations as we expand our delivery area, scope of products, and types of transportation options. We work with our world-class Fulfillment Center operations team oriented around precision and agility.
About the Role
As a member of the transportation management team, the Director, Middle Mile Transportation is responsible for all cross dock activities for Weee! Inc. Our team objective is to manage excellence for freight flowing through our transportation network, specifically focused on carrier programs and performance.
The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, highly organized, works effectively with internal and external contacts, has the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization. Operational knowledge of a wide variety of and contractual concepts is essential to perform the role successfully.
This role has a significant responsibility to anticipate incremental and long-term transport needs for multiple business segments.
- Strategy & Leadership: Lead a team to achieve short and long term goals and objectives, support our field transportation partners by providing centralized response and troubleshooting, and drive continuous improvement of current middle mile transportation operations and utilization of assets.
- Middle Mile Management: Enhance operational workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships of the division. Build and manage departmental budgets and business plans. Uses analytic methods and tools to understand, predict, and control transportation operations and consistently improve on time results.
- Third-Party Transportation Supplier Management: Recommend, negotiate, and select from a vast range of third-party providers for transportation aligning with the strategic growth of the business. Directing and managing external providers to achieve metric expectations will require significant time to ensure accountability and meet continuous improvement cost expectations.
- Special Projects: Undertakes special projects as assigned dependent upon knowledge or experience.
- Minimum 7 years in the transportation industry, with at least 3 years of senior management/executive experience.
- BS/BA degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field. MBA or MA/MS in supply chain is a plus.
- Experience with a WMS, TMS and broad knowledge of transit tracking systems.
- Field operations experience in a multi-temperature storage and shipping environment is a plus.
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment.
- Experience in an environment recognized for driving continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related software and basic data analytics.
Softbank Vision Funds
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Weee! Inc