Manufacturing Production Planner
- Expired: March 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: COO
The Manufacturing Production Planner is responsible for planning, updating and monitoring of manufacturing schedules, establishing delivery dates, and facilitate purchasing, manufacturing, and outside vendor activities to ensure that the monthly shipment requirements are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES & CORE DUTIES:
- Manage product inventory levels, schedule production, release jobs, coordinate jobs and priorities with manufacturing management, audit departmental material movements, monitor all open work orders, and verify that completed orders are properly closed out and evaluated for metrics.
- Coordinate first time and rework material requirements with purchasing.
- Estimate production time for each order considering availability of machines and tooling, material, number of operations involved, manufacturing backlog, order quantity, complexity of product (i.e., assemblies), outside operations, previous history, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of the status of each order by reviewing work-in-process, open orders, material status, tooling and machine status, and collaboration with manufacturing.
- Audit work-in-process for potential shortages, yield problems, order closing, abnormal delays and progress, and advise manufacturing of problems and request corrective action.
- Work to maintain minimum inventory levels (materials and WIP) while meeting customer's needs and potential Kan Ban requirements.
- Assist in development of new or improved methods that improve productivity.
- Ensure that Manufacturing Management has all job folders and necessary paperwork prior to each job being run.
- Help direct material handlers/warehouse people for pulling inventoried products.
- Ensure orders are complete and ready to ship in advance of the required ship date.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of production updates in Epicor.
QUALIFICATIONS / BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in comparable position. Must have extensive knowledge of manufacturing, warehousing/logistics, supply chain, and using an integrated ERP system, preferably Epicor.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail Oriented
- Efficient in fast-paced environment
- Computer skills that include Epicor ERP experience
- Office Suite of products
- Basic Business Skills
- Time Management
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Well Organized
- Ability to solve problems, make logical decisions, and multi-task. Maintain clear and accurate status and address pro-actively to minimize problem issues.
- Ability to think and act independently with minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative as well as teamwork.
- Assertive, high profile, communicative individual.
- Must be able to identify problems in supporting customer requirements and coordinate efforts of manufacturing and support groups to prevent and/or resolve issues.
Minimum education - AAS degree or equivalent work experience in manufacturing planning
ManufacturingView all jobs at Weco Manufacturing
Get fresh Manufacturing Planner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.