Medical Office Receptionist
Web Traits, Inc. Reston, VA
- Expired: 15 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Check in patients, verify and updates necessary information in the medical record.
- Schedules appointments and follows office scheduling policies.
- Answers telephone, screen calls, takes messages, and provides information.
- File charts, poll charts for next day, and generate encounter forms, file medical information in charts as appropriate.
- Delivers medical records and other correspondence to Medical and Administrative Staff.
- Screens visitors and respond to routine requests for information.
- Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
- Copies Medical record for patient and insurance companies.
- Create new charts as needed for both established and new patients.
- Faxing as needed.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Skill in operating a computer, photocopy and fax machine.
- Skill in greeting patients and answering phone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, understands and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology useful.
Preferred Experience: Prefer one year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting. Knowledge of medical terminology desirable. Word processing and computer experience is required.
Web Traits, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Web Traits, Inc.