· Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the programs and activities.
· Interpret the community policies and procedures to employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, etc. as necessary. Review the policies and procedures periodically, at least annually, to assure continued compliance with current regulations.
· Perform evaluations for each staff position.
· Be the representative for the community. Represent the community in dealings with outside agencies, including governmental agencies and third party payers.
· Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the governing board concerning the operation of the community.
· Develop and use policies and procedures, and establish a rapport in and among departments so that each can realize the importance of team work.
· Maintain an adequate liaison with families and residents.
· Ensure that public information describing the services provided in the community is accurate and fully descriptive.
· Review and develop a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
· Make routine inspections of the community to assure that established policies and procedures are being implemented and followed.
· Maintain a good public relations program that serves the best interest of the community
· Delegate a responsible staff member to act in your behalf when absent from the community according to the state regulations.
· Ensure there is a Quality Assurance/Improvement plan and inform the governing board as directed or as may become necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Governing Body consistent with the position.
Personnel Functions/Staff Development:
· Recruit and select competent supervisors, employees, consultants, and other auxiliary personnel.
· Consult with lead positions concerning the operation of their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services.
· Review and check competence of work force and make necessary adjustments/corrections as required or that may become necessary.
· Assure that an adequate number of appropriately trained professional and auxiliary personnel are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
· Serve as a liaison to the governing board, medical staff, and other professional and supervisory staff.
· Counsel/discipline personnel as requested or as may become necessary.
· Terminate employment of personnel when necessary, documenting and coordinating such actions.
· Maintain an excellent working relationship with the medical professional and other health related facilities and organizations through formal working and transfer agreements.
· Delegate administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability to other staff personnel as deemed necessary to perform their assigned duties.
· Assist the Human Resources and/or the Clinical Specialist in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of in-service training classes, on-the-job training and orientation programs to assure that current material and programs are continuously provided.
· Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc. to keep abreast of current changes in the long-term care field, as well as to maintain a professional status.
· Assure that each resident receives the necessary nursing, medical, and psychosocial services to attain and maintain the highest possible mental and physical functional status, as defined by the comprehensive assessment and care plan.
Safety and Sanitation:
· Assure that all community personnel, residents, visitors, etc. follow established safety regulations, to include fore protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
· Assure that the buildings and grounds are maintained in good repair.
· Review accident/incident reports and establish an effective accident prevention program.
Equipment and Supply Functions:
· Authorize the purchase of major equipment/supplies in accordance with established purchasing policies and procedures.
· Assure that the community is maintained in a clean and safe manner for resident comfort and convenience by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform such duties/services.
· Assure that adequate supplies and equipment are on hand to meet the day-to-day operational needs of the community and residents.
Budget and Planning Functions:
· Review and interpret monthly financial statements and provide such information to the governing board.
· Assist in the establishment and maintenance of an adequate accounting system that reflects the operating cost of the facility.
· Keep abreast of the economic condition/situation and make adjustments as necessary to assure that continued ability to provide quality care.
· Assist in the preparation of an annual operating budget for approval by the governing board and allocate the resources to carry out programs and activities of the facility.
· Assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted to authorized government agencies as required by current regulations.
· Maintain confidentiality of all resident information.
· Assure that the resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights are well established and maintained at all times.
· Review resident complaints and grievances and make written reports of action taken.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Current Assisted Living Manager Certification and certifications maintained for licensure
Minimum of three years senior care and supervisory experience