Project Engineer -- Solid Waste
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in engineering design for the solid waste industry including strong competencies in landfill design, compliance, and construction documentation. Experience in project management, engineering modeling, permitting, AutoCAD, surface water design, and construction document preparation is preferred. The position will be a technical resource to other Weaver staff, mentor to team members, and foster a culture focused on delivering high quality services to our clients.
- Manage projects and delegate responsibilities and tasks as assigned
- Manage a certain amount of Net Revenue Performed and a percentage of Profit of Net Revenue Performed
- Assist and implement site layout grading, drainage, site utilities, including design of force mains, leachate collection systems, landfill gas collection systems, storm water management and erosion and sediment control.
- Solid waste engineering design and permitting (landfills, transfer stations and recycling facilities)
- Preparing technical reports such as operating plans, CQA reports, and permit applications
- Collecting air and water monitoring samples
- Analyzing technical data
- Report writing Implement logic and creativity in Design Issues
- Effective communication with colleagues and superiors
- Use of computer-aided design (AutoCAD) packages to design projects
- Construction observation and documentation
- Bachelors of Science in Civil, Geological or Environmental Engineering required
- 5-8+ years of professional experience, preferably in solid waste
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- EIT/P.E. license preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include proposal writing and reporting
- Experience in Rational, SCS hydrological analysis or other storm water analysis preferred
- Experience with State and Municipal projects a plus
- Flexible schedule for overtime
- Travel will be required
- Valid Driver's license required
From its inception in 1991, Weaver Consultants Group has been founded upon the tenets of attentive and responsive customer service, strong project management, and solid internal financial controls. The quality of our people, our focus on understanding and responding to our clients' needs, and our application of good business management practices have resulted in most new projects originating from our existing customer base.
Weaver Consultants Group prides itself on our people - A talented group of engineers, scientists, support staff, and administrators who are as dedicated to client service as they are to their professional or technical discipline. If you are a motivated and committed individual, please apply to join our growing team!
Weaver Consultants Group maintains a drugfree workplace.
Weaver Consultants GroupFrankfort, KY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.