- Posted: over a month ago
The Manufacturing Engineer will work to develop and maintain manufacturing processes and procedures, CNC programs, design work holding fixtures. This position requires detailed knowledge of conventional & specialty metal machining methods and tool selection to achieve desired geometries and tolerances. Responsible for design and support of moderate to high complexity manufacturing systems and equipment, mentoring to other Engineers and supporting process improvements. This position works under a moderate to low level of supervision. In addition, this position may participate in project-specific relationship building with Suppliers, individuals, or organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and document detailed production process plans.
- Design work holding fixtures for machining, manufacturing, and assembly operations.
- Select cutting techniques and tools with a focus on efficient metal removal.
- Develop CNC programs for lathe and mill operations.
- Create detailed machine setup and run instructions.
- Support machinists throughout the manufacturing process.
- Investigate and implement solutions for non-conforming products
- Provides advanced technical solutions and leads team through process
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered
- Initiates, justifies, and implements new advanced capital equipment purchases
- Creates cell layouts and leads process improvement initiatives of high complexity
- Uses solid Six Sigma and lean tools to improve processes
- Uses solid concepts of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) and implements them into new product introductions
- Represents the company with our suppliers
- Leads updates to management on operations and project status
- Participates in and promotes process improvements within assigned areas; assists with the development of department and organization procedures
- Supports the manufacturing floor for any process related questions. Lends lessons learned and leads training efforts for process understanding.
- Creates, maintains, and develops new process documentation and updates work order documentation. Creates new systems that support this effort.
- Implements complex engineering changes. Leads and acts as a change agent for complex engineering changes.
- Adheres to applicable Quality System requirements and supports process audits
- Mentors other Engineers and/or Manufacturing Specialists.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Solid understanding of all applicable software
- Solid knowledge of vendors, manufacturing processes, and procurement methods
- Trains other members of the team on theory and design of existing/new equipment
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology preferred.
- Greater than 5 years professional manufacturing engineering experience or a combination of experience and advanced degree required
- Strong computer skills utilizing Solid Works, Mastercam, Excel along with solid technical writing skills
- Experience machining carbon steel, stainless steels, aluminum, and titanium
- Proficiency reading engineering prints and interpreting GD&T per ASME Y14.5. standards
- Solid written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Solid Six Sigma knowledge; Advanced understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Solid P project planning experience
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; Solid understanding of Root Cause Analysis
- Experience implementing automation projects using relay, PLC, Robotic technologies preferred.
- Solid understanding of electrical and/or mechanical machine drawings, including industry specifications Ability to apply advanced knowledge of capabilities studies, Gage R&R, and machine capability; Solid understanding of machinery related to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc. to specify equipment and procure capital
- Working expectations: walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee will be subject to prolonged standing. The employee must be able to manipulate and assemble small parts.
- Specific vision abilities: list such as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 57 pounds and push/pull up to 53 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not typically exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may spend significant time on the manufacturing floor but will also work in an office environment using standard office equipment including computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?