VP of Brand Communications
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organizations waste time, money and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift were changing all that. Weve built our own proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass onto our customers. Its discounted money! Were throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here: Diversity & Inclusion
About the Role
We are now looking for an experienced US-Based VP of Brand Communications to lead the delivery of our brand proposition and communications strategy on a global scale. This is a newly created role within the organization, with no established, or formalized Brand Communications strategy in place, so you will be tasked with defining that strategy as well as executing it too.
For now, this is an individual contributor role, operating at a senior level in the business. You'll work in a small, tight-knight global Marketing function, reporting to the CEO. It is vital you have the right balance of experience allowing you to be hands-on with executing on a strategy within a small team, but also with the capability to set the course and direction of what that brand communications strategy looks like at a senior level in the business.
- Design & define our category, making our differentiation and value clear to the relevant audiences, and creating a signature industry brand.
- Design and amplify the company narrative that will act as the foundation of the business's short and long-term growth plans.
- Own the communications strategy that delivers our brand purpose and can be amplified across our paid, owned, and earned media.
- Analyse our brand positioning and consumer insights to ensure relevance.
- Help shape and communicate our vision and mission.
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
- Proactively identify marketing opportunities and strategies to drive customer value.
- Strategically plan PR campaigns/events and lead the messaging framework.
- Prepare the Senior Leadership for key PR and thought leadership opportunities.
- Setup, update and monitor the approved calendar of events.
- Design and coordinate media campaigns, advertising, and all kind of PR visibility on print, online and social media.
- Responsible for the design and production of media content.
- Participate in the planning of external and internal events, conferences, and fairs and coordinate as directed by internal stakeholders.
- Procure all PR and brand-related materials for company events.
- Conduct marketing research to keep updated with the latest current trends and guidelines.
- Upkeep of all company social media pages.
- Support and help drive all employer branding initiatives related to Recruitment.
- Oversee the companys social media platforms, including content creation and planning for all social media activities.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs.
- Work with the other marketing functions to develop impactful brand-led marketing campaigns aligned to the brand strategy to drive awareness.
- Ensure our brand position is well-understood internally and externally, stands out vs. the competition, and stays relevant.
- Own the communications plan and ensure it is aligned across all channels and functions.
- Partner with the People team to provide consistency in internal and external communications and branding.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Highly experienced brand marketer with 8+years experience.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies.
- A track record of developing campaigns that have delivered real business growth.
- In-depth experience at managing paid, earned and owned marketing channels.
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Degree in marketing or a related field
- Highly skilled communicator - in all forms and channels.
- Can effectively and seamlessly switch between long-term strategy and short-term tactics as required, with flawless attention to detail and a high level of execution.
- Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at WeGift