Director of Marketing and Technology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Department: Strategy and Marketing
Supervisor: Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Global Markets
FLSA Status: Exempt
About WEConnect International
WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. WEConnect International has since 2009 provided business education, certification, and business connections to businesses that are at least 51 percent owned, managed, and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International member buyers represent over $1 trillion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. www.WEConnectInternational.org
Core Values and Culture
As we continue to grow our impact, WEConnect International will attract and hold accountable members, partners, staff, and stakeholders based on these core values, which help to define our culture, brand, and operational strategies.
- Embrace Diversity and Inclusion to Unleash Potential
- Demonstrate Passion for Women's Economic Empowerment
- Make a Positive Difference in the World
- Deliver Stakeholder Value
- Exemplify Integrity in Everything We Do
- Pursue Teamwork with a Shared Vision and Purpose
The Director for Marketing and Technology has a business development mindset to oversee promotion of the organization’s mission and programs, build brand awareness and support membership development and fundraising. The Director will work with Executive Leadership to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan for achieving the organization’s programmatic and financial goals. This critical role will support the global strategy and initiatives through the prioritization of goals, setting metrics, and measuring return on investment. The Director will lead a team of internal staff and external contractors to oversee marketing and technology, thought leadership, marketing campaigns, digital marketing platforms, media and public relations, website content and SEO, marketing technology tools, event promotion, collateral design, and videography.
Working Across a Matrixed Organization
- Engages with leadership, staff and project managers to build and oversee a strategic, integrated, and comprehensive multi-media marketing strategy in support of the organization’s thought leadership, membership growth, event promotion, project fulfillment, and fundraising.
- Manages budget and personnel resources of the marketing and technology team.
- Serves as a practice change agent by developing metrics and achieving key marketing and engagement goals using data-driven approaches to refine marketing strategies.
- Conducts relevant research, analyzes market data and media trends, identifying industry standards and best practices to develop, assess and refine communication strategies.
- Plans, prepares, and distributes original promotional content such as articles, news and press releases, email campaigns, blog and social media posts, video and audio messaging.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the weconnectinternational.org, women owned and event websites. Manages SEO performance and metrics.
- Develops a strategic vision and content calendar to expand and integrate digital marketing channels and platforms. Ensures brand alignment, builds operational efficiencies, and creates strong user engagement, toward the goal of increasing public engagement, programmatic impact, and revenue generation.
- Assess the marketing technology needs of the organization, sources best options, and negotiates contracts with vendors. Streamlines and optimizes the various tools used by the team. Works with the training department to ensure the extended team is proficient in the use of the tools as necessary.
- Develops strategic messaging and strategy calendar for Thought Leadership by the organization’s Executives. Prepares media content and executive statements.
- Develops and enforces organizational brand guidelines and ensures compliance by all constituents and stakeholders.
- Leads coordination and publication of the Annual Report.
- Develops and manages crisis or emergency communications strategies if needed.
- Acquires up to date knowledge of relevant regulatory governance and rights management regulations in the electronic media industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field. MBA in marketing, sales or business development is a plus. A Minimum of 8 years of experience in a supervisory role with comprehensive marketing experience. Knowledge of trends in content-making, publishing and other electronic information in emerging communications technologies. Experience working with a global multi-lingual and multi-cultural team. Demonstrates a passion and history of supporting women’s economic empowerment.
Management and Leadership
Innovative, strategic thinking, mentoring, accountability, financial management, problem solving/analysis, customer/client focus, organizational skills, teamwork orientation, inclusive and empathetic leadership, strong written and oral communication skills in English. An entrepreneurial mind-set.
Demonstrated effectiveness with interpersonal relationships, negotiation, and conflict resolution. Acts with integrity and maintains confidentiality in a professional manner. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Microsoft 365, SharePoint, CRM, WordPress, SEO, Adobe and Canva. Familiarity in using web based conferencing platforms including Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Google Meets. Experience working in a PC/Laptop environment with Dell equipment.
Project Management Skills
Advanced project management skills including the ability to work on multiple complex projects, simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
No phone calls, please. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position.
WEConnect International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws in the United States.
WeConnect International Inc
BusinessView all jobs at WeConnect International Inc