Location: Near Chicago O'Hare Airport
Are you an experienced Credit Manager who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to build out a new team, create new programs, policies and procedures while working with a new ERP system? Our client who has a large footprint within the industrial space and is a subsidiary of a major global 500 corporation, is experiencing tremendous growth. We are assisting our client in searching for an experienced dynamic and engaging Credit Manager who enjoys interacting with business customers and embraces change for their headquarters near Chicago O’Hare. We are looking for local candidates only at this time – no relocation is offered.
The Credit Manager is responsible for leading activities around business customer credit risk management. Responsibilities range from customer credit reviews and approvals to developing on-going monitoring activities that enhance control and governance around broader client credit risk management programs. Customer due diligence procedures, including validating clients' identities and business relationships. Must have experience working with large volume credit over $500K up to $100M. We are looking for a Credit Manager that demonstrates self-initiative, good customer interaction skills, ability to demonstrate good judgement and decision making as well as being proactive in reviewing and evaluating credit policies.
- Understand and manage compliance with credit policies along with recommending changes, improvements, and enhancements to the credit policy / terms & conditions to senior management
- Process credit applications for existing and new customers on a timely basis
- Ensure customer credit files are maintained in a consistent manner, conforming with company policies
- Monitor customers and initiate actions to bring slow payers in line with terms
- Communicate on a regular basis with division management to address issues
- Promote teamwork with division staff to balance the goals of risk management while facilitating sales and customer satisfaction
- Identify customers whose payment risk has changed significantly and initiate the appropriate actions to manage risk
- Manage customers who are facing bankruptcy, referred to attorney for collection, are restructuring, or company has established repayment plans for customers in financial distress
- Develop, monitor, and communicate credit performance metrics
- Supervise a team responsible for applying cash and ensuring the collection of invoices in a timely fashion
- Partner with the IT department to develop an automated method of applying cash and an electronic credit application process
- Participate in recruiting, staff development and training
A bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar subject matter is preferred. Minimum of 10 years of credit and collections management experience with a consistently increasing level of responsibility. Leadership skills along with the ability to work well with others is essential. As of now this is an individual contributor role, but soon will develop a small team to support the credit and collection function within the organization. Strong Microsoft Excel, ERP and other reporting systems are required.
How to Apply: If you feel you have the experience that meets our client’s needs and requirements, please send us your most CURRENT and UPDATED resume for consideration. Jenn@weplacepeople.com