Safety Manager- Transportation- FMCSA, PHMSA & DOT Regulations
We Guide, You Grow LLC. Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We Guide, You Grow LLC is recruiting an experienced DOT Safety Manager. Must be a team player, self-starter, be high energy, a good listener, and a quality leader!
This role is responsible for expert knowledge in all areas of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) regulations and guidelines as they relate to the commercial transportation of Hazmat and Non-Hazmat shipments while ensuring all facilities are up to date and under compliance with these laws and guidelines. You will be working with the management team, facility leads, and operations employees, this position is also responsible for overseeing safety issues and concerns on a company-wide basis, conducting compliance meetings and seminars, and working in support of organizational strategies, policies, and practices. This position also interacts with regulatory agency representatives.
The DOT Safety Manager ensures that our fleet of truck drivers adheres to the Department of Transportation regulations at the state and federal levels. In this position, you oversee protocols like physical exams, random drug testing, and licensing. Your responsibilities also involve safety training for compliance with DOT regulations. Your day-to-day duties include coordinating with the Facility Leads regarding the correct logging procedures for drive time and maintenance schedule for the vehicles. You also audit the entire operation periodically.
1. Ensuring companywide DOT compliance with FMCSA and PHMSA regulations.
2. Ensuring driver qualification files are maintained and updated with all required documentation.
3. Ensuring that driver logs are properly documented and filed according to applicable regulations.
4. Ensuring that all vehicles are properly registered and properly maintained to applicable Federal and State regulations, including ensuring that vehicles are properly permitted for all routes of travel.
5. Ensuring that all drivers meet the necessary drug & alcohol requirements according to applicable Federal regulations.
6. Ensuring that the 24-hour communications log is maintained according to Federal guidelines.
7. Ensuring that hazmat packaging, shipping procedures, and bill of ladings are current and compliant with applicable Federal regulations.
8. Develop methods of training and protocols for drivers to follow to increase their knowledge of regulations and compliance.
9. Develop protocols for each facility to follow for compliance audits.
10. Responsible for the ordering of transportation-related supplies via the P.O. process.
11. Be cross trained to be able to assist others within the Safety Department.
1. Supervise work done by outside vendors.
2. Oversee all company drivers concerning licensing and qualification to operate company and/or rental vehicles.
3. Authority to immediately remove any company driver as an operator of company vehicles.
4. Manage any direct reports which are or may be assigned.
Education and Experience
1. A minimum 4-year degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
2. At least five (5) years in a transportation management-related position.
3. Extensive knowledge of and working experience with DOT, FMCSA, PHMSA, and Hazmat regulations.
4. Valid driver’s license. CDL Class B with Hazmat and Airbrake endorsements preferred.
5. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions of supervisors.
6. Proficiency in basic office software.
This position requires infrequent travel, less than 25% travel. Travel will be mixed local and outside the local area and overnight. Rarely would travel be international but being legally able to cross the Canadian border is important.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Look for potential obstacles and roadblocks
Prioritize and allocate resources required
Measure our results against the standards we’ve set Hold everyone accountable for their part of the process
$65,000 to $75,000 based on experience
check us out at: www.weguideyougrow.com
We Guide, You Grow LLC.
We Guide, You Grow LLC provides career placement services to companies. check us out at: www.weguideyougrow.com
299 Wilson RdPittsburgh, PA