Manager of People and Culture
CALLING ALL BIG-HEARTED, BIG-THINKING PEOPLE
ARE YOU READY TO DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE?We seek those committed to big, bold, meaningful progress. Progress that matters. Progress that acknowledges every person and every voice. Join us.
PEOPLE AND CULTURE MANAGER
is an advocacy agency with a proven track record of driving progress around complex political and social issues. Organizations like the ACLU, Black Lives Matter, March for Our Lives, EarthJustice, and GoFundMe are among the more than 500 clients who have chosen RALLY to be their accomplice in this work.
We are strengthened by our team’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression. RALLY is an equal-opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered. We strongly encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply.
HOW WE WORK
RALLY is proud to work on an extensive range of critical social issues, including education, environmental protection, equity, financial inequality, gun violence, health care, immigration, LGBTQIA+ rights, women’s rights, and more. We work with leading foundations, advocacy organizations, philanthropists, and commercial entities who strive to shape public policy, discourse, and opinion. They engage us to:
- Identify unique strategies to advance critical issues
- Design and execute impactful communications campaigns with powerful messaging
- Develop and execute sophisticated digital campaigns
- Design compelling brand identities, graphics, and storytelling content
PEOPLE AND CULTURE MANAGER
RALLY is seeking a People and Culture Manager to join our growing team. The People and Culture Manager will be responsible for ensuring that RALLY hires and effectively onboards high quality talent. The People and Culture Manager will support RALLY new hires beginning from the time of their application, through their onboarding, and first 90 days at the firm. They will serve as a trusted “guide” for those new to RALLY, so that they can acclimate effectively to the firm. This person will also serve as an integral member of the People and Culture team and will contribute to the development and execution of our firm-wide learning agenda, help plan and support events like our annual retreat, and other culture-building activities. If you have a passion for finding diverse talent, crafting rigorous yet engaging interviewing experiences, and supporting the development of best-in-class hiring and retention practices then this is the role for you. The ideal candidate is a data driven systems builder who can improve on or implement new processes and structures to support the achievement of rigorous recruitment goals. They will have prior experience in recruitment or human resources, with deep expertise in hiring and talent acquisition.
- Design RALLY’s sourcing strategy for junior, mid, and senior communications, digital media, and business operations professionals, up to and including Director-level candidates using internet-based tools and “good old-fashioned interpersonal networking tools”.
- Build talent pipelines and develop networks to better position the firm and you with filling roles quickly and with diverse hires.
- Build ideal candidate profiles and hiring rubrics to ensure systematized and unbiased hiring.
- Assist P&C Director with talent forecasting and team structure design across offices and cities.
- Set and then meet or exceed rigorous recruitment goals.
- Develop, refine and execute the onboarding process for new hires and check in with them at their 90th day to evaluate the success of onboarding.
- Serve as the liaison between account teams and new hires during the onboarding process.
- Lead the benefits management process including managing the relationship between RALLY and the benefits broker, corresponding with vendors, ensuring materials are well-designed, and employees are enrolled in benefits.
- Lead training for firm-wide personnel on hiring bias, onboarding, etc.
- Lead the management and oversight of RALLY’s Performance Review process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent.
- 7+ years experience of full-cycle recruiting for a growing or scaling team. Agency recruiting experience preferred.
- Experience with designing data-driven interview processes including the development of rubrics/scorecards.
- Previous experience with other aspects of HR including benefits, onboarding and performance management is a strong plus.
- 2+ years experience with leading HR and/or Talent Acquisition teams.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and insights to drive decision making
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written format, with varying levels of company staff, clients, media, and vendors.
- Strong working knowledge of LinkedIn Recruiter and other recruitment tools and practices.
- Strong computer skills, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a working knowledge of other web-based tools and platforms (Slack, Google).
- Ability to manage project workflow, juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve complex problems with hiring managers.
- Innovative and solutions oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, and flexibility in approach to project assignments.
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor.
- Team player with the ability to step into leadership roles.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
At RALLY, we believe a business is only as good as its people. That’s why we’ve invested in providing a broad range of employee benefits and perks that demonstrate our commitment to our people, their growth and development, and the vibrant RALLY culture we are building together.
We believe that changing the world should come with a healthy paycheck, time to recharge, and support to reach new heights. RALLY offers a competitive salary plus eligibility for performance-based and new business bonuses. We also offer a healthy benefits package, plus some perks:
- Flexible time off policy
- Two months of work-from-anywhere time in July and December
- Twelve Federal holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- One week of paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Summer Fridays (half days) between Memorial Day and Labor Day (off at 2 pm)
- Half-days prior to Federal holidays
- A one-month paid sabbatical after seven years of employment
Powered by JazzHR
We Are RALLYSan Francisco, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.