We Are Blood Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purpose: This position is responsible for various general ledger entries and maintenance, bank reconciliations, loan application and reconciliation, and bi-monthly payroll.
- Process bi-monthly payroll.
- Reconcile pension to payroll each pay period.
- Maintain ADP for new employees, terminations and changes.
- Maintain employee files for payroll.
- Review accruals and work with staff on any questions.
- Process manual payroll checks in a timely manner.
- Maintain all payroll related spreadsheets including but not limited to additions to pay data batches, missed punch reporting and other reports as necessary.
- Maintain employee payroll files.
- Direct contact for employees with payroll related questions.
- Process salary information for various external requests including work comp, child support and court orders and similar requests.
- Reconcile all bank accounts including bank entries for any unrecorded items in a timely manner.
- Review outstanding items to ensure they are relatively current and research/ask questions for items that get too old.
- Record loan payments and reconcile work sheets.
- Retrieve funds from donor services for deposit.
- Record credit card activity from donor services.
Routine Accounting Duties
- Prepare all benefit insurance invoices for payment.
- Record payroll transactions in accounting software.
- Maintain banking transactions.
- Serve as backup for AR clerk in processing billing.
- Serve as backup for Tissue Distribution billing.
Other Duties As Assigned
Skills, Education, & Experience:
- Bachelors Accounting Degree is preferred, Associates Accounting Degree with 1-2 years experience, or no degree with extensive (more than 5 years) of experience
- Must be PC proficient, especially spreadsheets, word processing and accounting software.
· Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills, the ability to handle multiple projects.
· Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Great Plains Accounting experience preferred.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to manage and handle multiple priorities on an ongoing basis
- Must have good people skills in dealing with other departments
- Must be able to draw reasonable conclusions
- Must be able to make sound judgments and decisions
We Are Blood
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at We Are Blood