Plant Manager/Value Stream Leader
Wayne Wire Cloth Products, Inc. Hillman, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Growing manufacturing company for commercial, automotive, and aerospace products with corporate offices and operations in Northern Michigan seeks a Plant Manager/Value Stream Leader for our Northeast Michigan site. We are seeking a seasoned operations professional for our established manufacturing site. We are seeking an applicant with proven success in developing and managing all operational activities of a mid-sized manufacturing facility. Must be able to develop and maintain an effective organization with capable and talented staff and management. The Plant Manager will lead day-to-day operations and supervise a team of staff members.
This is a hands-on manufacturing operations position for a highly motivated, experienced and energetic manufacturing manager. The selected candidate will report to corporate executive management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Present at weekly production review meetings. Report performance against targets.
- Participate in strategic planning. Set goals and objectives to meet strategic plan and customer expectations.
- Ensure production metrics are completed accurately, in a timely manner, and reported to the site employees.
- Initiate and lead discussions with critical customers to resolve issues.
- Keep employees informed regarding items that are communicated from corporate. Hold meetings to discuss any issues, upcoming events, answer questions, etc. Encourage participation from the entire team.
- Complete employee performance evaluations per schedule. Provide develop plans to support growth by all staff members.
- Review production standards and methods with the appropriate production support staff and determine alternate ways to run production to improve throughput and operator efficiency. Utilize improvement tools (Lean, Six Sigma) to make data based decisions.
- Lead by example and utilize the Kaizen system. Mentor others on production management skills and Lean tools.
- Manage site spending within budget. Provide financial update at monthly review.
BS or BA required. Ten plus years of experience in senior management with bottom line accountability.
Experience and knowledge of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, ISO9000 and other quality management systems, developing operational and budget plans consistent with overall company goals and objectives.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing operations, particularly mechanical machinery, welding and assembly, along with materials and inventory, production scheduling, resource balancing, quality systems, data collection and accounting practices.
- Implementation experience with lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, JIT, ISO9001 and automotive industry standards.
- Proven leadership ability with a strong sense of integrity, fairness, ability to develop trust.
- 10-15 years’ experience in senior management with bottom line accountability.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with all audiences; ability to professionally deal with conflict in a positive manner.
- Extensive business leadership skills in directing, leading and participating in business growth & expansion.
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems, strong computer skills and presentation abilities.
- Experience developing and implementing operational and budget plans consistent with overall strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize workloads in order to meet deadlines and work flow; ability to work without management direction; use initiative and possess a positive attitude toward teamwork.
- Solid foundation of the full range of procurement, inventory control, supply chain, and cost principles.
- Highly ethical in all actions and reporting, maintaining a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated success in leading a small team to achieve goals; proven capability to train and coach.
- A strong problem solver with demonstrated ability to build teams, lead and manage is crucial.
The Northern Michigan area provides individuals and families with an outstanding quality of life, and limitless recreational opportunities. We offer an excellent benefit package to include health insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, short and long term disability, flexible spending plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with company match, and a discretionary profit sharing plan.
Compensation based on Education and Experience
Wayne Wire Cloth Products, Inc.Why Work Here?
Best Team in the Business! Great people to work for and work with!
Founded in 1943, Wayne Wire Cloth Products, Inc. is a global leader in the fabrication of custom filtration components, supplying to a wide variety of industries and commercial applications.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Wayne Wire Cloth Products, Inc.