Primarily responsible for exercising safe driving practices ensuring their safety and the safety of the public. Responsible for operating commercial motor vehicle transporting live poultry from growers to the processing facility in a safe and secure manner. Responsible for compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) safety rules and regulations; and all company policies; and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Comply with all Department of Transportation regulations.
- Perform and document pre-trip inspection (i.e. tires, oil, fuel, lights, breaks, hoses, etc.).
- Assist with loading and unloading trailer as necessary.
- Ensure secure load before movement.
- Maintain proper documentation (i.e. equipment, time, trips, weight, etc.).
- Clean and wash truck as necessary.
- Report truck and equipment maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Comply with all DOT safety rules and regulations, all company policies, and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Valid Class A CDL with 1 year verifiable satisfactory driving record.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation, State and Federal Laws.
- Ability to read and write legibly.
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivate.
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous live poultry tractor trailer driving experience.
- Basic math functions and skills.
- Follow Department of Transportation, State and Federal laws, and company safety policies and programs.
- Wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Work in outside environment (including inclement weather) on a daily basis.
- Sit and drive for up to 10 hours, and climb in and out of truck cab throughout shift.
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Work around raw, live animal odors.
- Work in noisy environment (>85 decibels) and moving equipment.
- Work nights, weekends, holidays and long shifts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.