TREASURER'S TAX ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR
Wayne County Government Detroit, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR JOB DUTIES
The Tax Accounting Administrator in the Wayne County Treasurer's Office will serve as the Executive Administrator of the Tax Accounting and Tax Adjustment, and Property Tax Administration Units. The Tax Accounting Administrator will ensure compliance with property tax statutes and bond covenants and will oversee the accounting for and distribution of current and delinquent tax dollars. This position ensures that local Treasurers are in compliance with statutory requirements, oversees the annual reconciliation of current taxes collected and disbursed by the local municipalities, and updates and maintains the mapping of the PTA system. The Tax Executive will work with the State of Michigan Treasury Department and Department of Education, local municipal treasurers and other county departments regarding property tax accounting matters. Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer of Financial Services, this position will oversee all accounting and financial reporting staff that process current and delinquent property taxes and forfeiture/foreclosure/auction activities, while monitoring and directing the timely completion of staff assignments. Strong emphasis on accounting software/computerized accounting knowledge and developing financial plans.
- Serve as the executive manager of the Tax Accounting and Tax Adjustment, and Property Tax Administration Units
- Ensure all local municipal treasurers are in compliance with statutory requirements of the General Property Tax Act.
- Secure bonding of all local treasurers
- Monitor compliance with collection and distribution of current taxes, delinquent tax transfer.
- Ensure proper distributions are made to external taxing authorities and internal county entities.
- Oversee all accounting and financial reporting for current and delinquent property taxes and forfeiture/foreclosure/auction activities
- Provide regular analysis and reporting, internally and externally
- Work with State of Michigan Treasury Department and Department of Education regarding property tax matters
- Collaborate with Wayne County Corporation Counsel and other county departments on property tax matters
- Monitor and direct the timely completion of staff assignment
- Monitoring compliance with special act tax rolls and TIFA/DDA/Brownfield regulations.
- Advising local treasurers when out of compliance
- Enforcing corrective action.
- Oversees the yearly Delinquent Revolving Fund Program process.
- Developing forecasts of projected borrowing needs.
- Develops the annual budget and quarterly projections for all operating units of the Treasurer's Office
- Develops forecast models for current and delinquent tax revenues for use in county-wide and WCTO budgets.
- Monitors and coordinates activities to ensure compliance with budget
- Works extensively with assigned budget analysis from Management and Budget
- Reports to and advises Treasurer and Deputies of budget activity
- Create new JD Edwards accounts for Delinquent tax years
- Map interfacing of property tax accounting system to general ledger accounts on an annual basis
- Attend Wayne County Commission Ways and Means meetings and other meetings as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At the time of applications, eligible persons must have:
A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related degree; AND
At least seven (7) years of full-time paid governmental tax management and accounting functions including financial reporting for state and local governments; AND
At least four (4) years of full-time paid experience managing staff
For information regarding the Department of Justice – EEO Utilization Report, please visit https://www.waynecounty.com/departments/phr/legal-postings.aspx.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Wayne County Government
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Wayne County Government