DEPUTY CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER - 2022
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DEPUTY CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Salary is commensurate with qualifications
Wayne County is recruiting for a key position with our Finance Staff. This is a great opportunity for an individual with plenty of experience in Budgeting, Finance and Accounting in a large organization. Thank you for your interest in this position.
Purpose/Description The Deputy Chief Financial Officer for the Department of Management and Budget (Budget Director) reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and assists the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the CFO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to oversight, coordination and implementation of all activities pertaining to the Wayne County Budget. This position is appointed by the CEO and must be confirmed by the County Commission. This position is a key figure in Wayne County's top leadership team, is highly visible and has significant interaction with Executive Departments, Offices of other Elected Officials and other branches of County Government.
Some Additional Tasks
- Responsible for the coordination of the County's annual external audit including the publishing of the County's comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Prepare M&B related solicitations for procurements (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.).
- Review M&B related contracts for services and coordinate approval.
- Oversee the County's debt service including analysis of debt financing or refinancing and continuing disclosure undertakings.
- Participate in the issuance of any County debt including preliminary offering statements and any other related tasks for the issuance of debt.
- Liaise between DoIT and M&B for departmental technology initiatives.
- Serve as departmental coordinator for Wayne County's current ERP upgrade project and advises on continued strategic direction for technological advancements.
- Responsible for the oversight of and policies concerning the use of the County's accounting and payroll systems.
- Assist the CFO and works with the County Treasurer to monitor and report on County's liquidity position; responsible for all reporting necessary to monitor cash position of the County.
- Participates at Commission committee hearings, typically Audit Committee, Ways & Means, Full Board and Government Operations as needed and when M&B contracts are being considered.
- Serves as Approving Official for various County grants (eLOCS and ASAP systems).
- Review and approval of contracts for CFO approval.
- Perform additional responsibilities of the CFO as needed.
- Responsible for the Financial Reporting Division and any other M&B divisions as assigned by the CFO.
The preferred candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in complex governmental budgeting, financial planning and management experience, or any equivalent combination of education and years of experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position is required.
*Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree or Certified Public Accountant license is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wayne County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For information regarding the Department of Justice - EEO Utilization Report, please visit https://www.waynecounty.com/departments/phr/legal-postings.aspx.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Wayne County Department of Personnel/Human Resources at 313-224-5901 or via email at email@example.com. Hearing or speech impaired persons using TDD's or similar devices may contact the Michigan Relay Center, toll free at (800) 649-3777 or 711 to communicate directly with the Department of Personnel/Human Resources during regular working hours.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Wayne County Government
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Wayne County Government