- Expired: March 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join the Capital Development and Facilities Administration team.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR JOB DUTIES
The Administrative Assistant in Capital Development and Facilities Administration provides high-level administrative support to the division. Duties include conducting research, preparing reports, handling requests for information, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, paying invoices, preparing contracts, and scheduling meetings.
* Directs and receives phone inquiries as needed; distributes mail and faxes and work orders.
* Supports Director of Capital Development and Facilities Administration by compiling detailed projects, coordinating work flow, and assisting with correspondence. Provides clerical support to the Administrative staff as needed.
* Assists with presentations requiring a high level of proficiency, organizational drafting and/or flow charting using specialty software.
* Maintains logs identifying outcomes, assignments/tracking of various items.
* Schedules Executive Staff meetings and coordinate Executive Staff calendars.
* Completes Service Request for staff (Guardian badge requests, trouble tickets, JD Edwards access forms, and work orders etc)
* Maintains control accounts, balance subsidiary records with the controls accounts.
* Processes invoices and purchase orders for payments.
* Handles the skill trades call in line.
* Acts as the backup for the Department Supervisor and other staff members.
* Other duties as assigned.
At the time of application, eligible persons must have:
* A high school diploma/GED; AND
* At least four (4) years of full-time paid administrative/clerical experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wayne County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For information regarding the Department of Justice - EEO Utilization Report, please visit https://www.waynecounty.com/departments/phr/legal-postings.aspx.
Accommodations: If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Wayne County Department of Personnel/Human Resources at 313-224-5901 or via email at email@example.com. Hearing or speech impaired persons using TDD's or similar devices may contact the Michigan Relay Center, toll free at (800) 649-3777 or 711 to communicate directly with the Department of Personnel/Human Resources during regular working hours.
Wayne County Government
BusinessView all jobs at Wayne County Government
Get fresh Administrative Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!