Job Title: Senior Manager, Service Strategy & Operations
Who We Are: The B2B Strategy & Operations team develops the go-to-market strategy and operating model for Wayfair’s B2B business, Wayfair Professional. We help drive both long-term thinking about what customer experience will maximize profitable growth and shorter-term measures improving operational efficiency. We do this in partnership with a sales and service organization of over 600 agents delivering a nine-figure annual revenue target. Wayfair Professional helps hundreds of thousands of businesses to create the perfect space for their clients, guests and employees. We serve customers in the Office, Hospitality, Interior Design, Contractor, Property Management and other sectors, with a broad assortment across furniture, fixtures and decor. Wayfair Professional has nearly tripled in size over the past 24 months, and we are seeking to expand and upgrade the strategic capabilities that support our growing sales & services team.
What You’ll Do: As the Senior Manager of Service Strategy & Operations, you will drive how our B2B customer service organization can scalably create loyal customers with a great customer experience and efficient operations. You will work with leaders across our sales & strategy organizations to create a holistic account experience from onboarding to repeat purchasing. You will shepherd strategic planning from ideation to execution, owning the development and implementation of our most visible initiatives. You will also be looked to as the day-to-day expert on our performance results and the drivers thereof. This role will give you the chance to work with a broad cross-functional stakeholder set, including sales, product, marketing, etc.
Week-to-week, you’ll do the following:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Develop a model to estimate the impact of a specific recommendation while controlling for factors that may introduce noise into the analysis
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Analyze inbound call data to root cause customer issues and prioritize efforts at reducing the first contact
- Analyze service performance after a call is placed and develop recommendations for call routing, issue handling, resolution types, etc. to reduce follow-on calls and improve customer satisfaction
- Work with Storefront to design, pilot, and measure the impact of a new web page feature on customer purchase behavior
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of previous experience in one of the following roles preferred: strategy consulting (ideally with exposure to call center operations, or customer experience strategy); call center / contact center strategy & operations or transformations; customer success strategy & operations; or customer experience strategy.
- Experience leading strategic projects (i.e. evaluating a portfolio of options to improve growth and/or profitability within a business unit, ideally in the context of understanding industry-level/, macroeconomic trends and business unit financial performance) required.
- Experience leading project teams required, experience with day-to-day management preferred
- Possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including corporate and front-line teams
- Given the strategic and cross-functional nature of this role, a qualified candidate must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Experience with relevant software platforms (Google Suite, Salesforce, Tableau/Looker/PowerBI or other visualization suite, SQL, Excel) required.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.