Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
This role is the initial hire of an emerging controls engineering team at Wayfair. This is a unique opportunity to build out processes, systems, and teams to unlock massive growth in our automation within the supply chain and logistics teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Writes PLC programs in the platform required
- Reads and comprehends elementary diagrams, single line diagrams, & machine control flow sheets
- Mark-up CAD drawings for design
- Creates diagrams for a machine or process
- Creates/edits drive programs in platform required
- Use and manipulate file types used to manage a design package. (e.g., JT, PDF, DXF, DWG)
- Flexibility to support multiple machine start-ups and changing demands
- Introduce Engineering/Equipment Change Request (ECR) and Engineering Change Authorization (ECA) processes to the enterprise
- Writes engineering instructions (EI) and PSI checklist
- Effectively executes appropriate turnover procedures
- Provides commissioning support for machine and system installations and start up support
- Performs Vendor Acceptance Test (VAT)
- Capable of generating and implementing safety validation plans
- Project management
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated experience with PLC and HMI applications
- Experience programming Allen-Bradley and Siemens control panels
- Knowledge of power & control hardware and mechanical design
- Proficient with SQL or other relational database query language
- Ability to read and understand technical and software documentation, set up and troubleshoot various communications networks
- Capability to troubleshoot hardware systems, components, devices, etc.
- Experience in the material handling/equipment controls industry preferred
- Understand drive and process loop tuning
- Understands safety requirements of machine design and functionality and ensures issues/questions are raised accordingly
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive
- Strong technical background with Warehouse Management Systems and Control Systems are required to be successful in this role.
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills. Effectively communicating with business partners and senior management both local and remote
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly) in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Must be capable of learning other software packages