The Asia Supply Chain Strategy group is seeking an entrepreneurial analyst to join the team. In this role, the associate will have opportunities to: provide a data-driven approach to define the strategy for “virtual” vertical integration into the Asia supply chain; develop a country-specific logistic footprint for cross-vendor Asia Consolidation opportunities beginning with China and Vietnam; run deep analytics into our product mix to identify suppliers and products suitable for Asia Consolidation; establish the vision for the technology road-map needed to excel the integrated supply chain between Asia and rest of the world.What You'll Do
- Gather and analyze data to create the Asia supply chain strategy for Wayfair
- Create a robust cost model to assist in Asia site selection
- Present analysis and findings to leadership and cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with sales, technology, and operations teams across the business to continually identify opportunities to improve Asia supply chain strategy
We are looking for someone to bring a true business-building mindset focused on outcomes and impact for Wayfair. This includes end-to-end ownership of strategy, solution and road-map design, value capture, and value measurement. The ideal candidate will possess fluency in quantitative and advanced analytical tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc.). Direct experience working in the supply chain space (ideally for transportation and logistics clients) is a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain, logistics, e-commerce, or start-up experience
- Experience with Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience in developing growth and operating model strategy
- Hypothesis driven with strong analytical and communication skills
- Extremely collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Self-driven and focused on building a personal brand in logistics, e-commerce, and supply chain space
- Strong project management skills with the ability to get things done
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, stress, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Very comfortable with implementing advanced analytics and machine learning tools
- International experience working in China or developing strategy for North American clients for global expansion in China is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.