Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Marketing, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re spending almost a billion dollars in marketing across all stores, all geo’s and all platforms to drive customer traffic back to site. In this role, the Product leader will be working with cross-functional teams to make sure we’re delivering the “right experience, for the right customers, at the right time”. This individual will be tasked with translating the myriad of requests from CMO’s throughout the organization against the customer opportunities and build the platform and suite of experiences to deliver value to all parties.
This role will include responsibility for multiple direct reports on Product Management working with both the Cohort and Intent Marketing side of the business. Additionally, it’ll work with Data Science, Computer Vision, Multi-Armed-Bandit and Personalization teams to lead collaborative efforts to drive scale amongst those teams. Success will be utilizing the amalgamation of those efforts to solve customer problems at scale and increase our ROAS, driving growth in our business.
You will share responsibility for one of Wayfair’s most important strategic priorities: creating outstanding experiences for both new and returning customers across all stores, all geos and all platforms. You’ll have the opportunity to test, learn and iterate against customer problems across all of these vectors and help the company understand how to create value for those users.
You will need to have what it takes to build a Technical Platform— solving these issues at an individual channel and platform level will be easy, figuring out how to consolidate groups of problems into a single, scalable technology across multiple touchpoints will be the challenge.
What You'll Do
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for a cross functional group of development teams across all platforms.
- Partner closely with CMO’s in Marketing, Ad Tech, Data Science and Test Frameworks to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, communication and execution.
- Build a product team from the ground up. You’ll inherit two product managers (and scrum team) and hire more, ensuring the team has a high degree of excellence, psychological safety, and bias to action.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to scalable, measurable gains in metrics that you will largely define.
- 7+ years experience in product management
- 3+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of business impact and team culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology, design, or business discipline preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.