The Customer Service Associate (CSA) works in support of the store management team to facilitate the completion of all store level tasks and performs a variety of tasks related to different areas of the store including food preparation, cash register duties, customer service, general housekeeping and other related functions. The CSA ensures an exceptional customer experience that supports our vision to become "fast casual to go with world class convenience".
- Greet customers and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests in a timely manner. Utilize the GREAT customer service model to ensure customer engagement.
- Support and follow all safety and security initiatives.
- Ensure the proper execution of assigned foodservice programs and procedures.
- Operate the point of sale pursuant to corporate standards; maintain proper cash levels.
- Adhere to the execution of established safety, security, quality and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure the proper execution of all assigned store level marketing programs.
- Complete all store housekeeping functions (i.e., cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.).
- Replenish products and supplies to ensure in stock conditions at all times.
- Communicate with the management team regarding customer requests and vendor-related concerns.
- Check in external and internal vendors according to corporate procedures.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by store management.
- Represent the Wawa brand by exemplifying Wawa Core Values.
To perform the essential functions of a Customer Service Associate, the associate must perform all duties listed below:
Cash Register Area
- Operate the cash register, scan items, bag merchandise and make/provide change for purchases.
- Comply with federal and state laws by requesting personal identification from customers who are purchasing tobacco and/or alcohol.
- Maintain proper cash levels in register drawer.
- Stock and refill register area inventory.
- Greet customers and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Perform the following physical behaviors continuously throughout their shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, grasping firmly and pushing buttons.
- Perform the following physical behaviors occasionally during their shift: bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, pushing and reaching below waist.
- Occasionally lift weights up to 20 lbs.
- Constantly lift weights of up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently carry weights of up to 10 lbs within a small area.
- Work in the coffee area and observe coffee thermals to determine need for refills.
- Fill coffee basket with filter and coffee grinds; brew coffee.
- Carry coffee thermals from brewing area to coffee station as needed.
- Stock cups, lids, straws, coffee mixers and milk/cream on coffee island.
- Fill and maintain cappuccino machine.
- Keep entire coffee area clean.
- Perform the following physical behaviors continuously throughout their shift: walking, standing, handling, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, and grasping firmly.
- Perform the following physical behaviors frequently during their shift: bending, stooping, squatting, pushing coffee cart.
- Perform the following physical behaviors occasionally during their shift: climbing step ladder in stock.
- Frequently lift up to 18 lbs
- Occasionally carry up to 20 lbs., 30-40 feet.
- Frequently carry minimum weights.
- Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures using appropriate personal protective equipment.
Other Job Duties
- Retrieve cardboard boxes of coffee bags from stock room and carries to coffee station.
- Use sharp appliance to open seal on taped cardboard boxes.
- Use cutter to rip