Senior Java Developer (Azure) - Contractor
Wavicle Data Solutions Chicago, IL
- Expired: September 14, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wavicle Data Solutions designs and delivers data and analytics solutions to reduce time, cost, and risk of companies’ data projects, improving the quality of their analytics and decisions now and into the future. As a privately-held consulting service organization with popular, name brand clients across multiple industries, Wavicle offers exciting opportunities for data scientists, solutions architects, developers, and consultants to jump right in and contribute to meaningful, innovative solutions.
Our 250+ local, nearshore and offshore consultants, data architects, cloud engineers, and developers build cost-effective, right-fit solutions leveraging our team’s deep business acumen and knowledge of cutting-edge data and analytics technology and frameworks.
Wavicle Has Been Recognized By Industry Leaders As Follows
At Wavicle, you’ll find a challenging and rewarding work environment where we enjoy working as a team to exceed client expectations. Employees appreciate being part of something meaningful at Wavicle.
- Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces
- Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US
- Crain’s Fast 50 fastest growing companies in the Chicago area
- Talend Expert Partner recognition
- Microsoft Gold Data Platform competency
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer responsible for all aspects of the development on Azure cloud with shared responsibility to develop processing layer and database layer using Microservices. Senior Java Developer must be aware of the entire lifecycle including development of system specifications, support of system integration, enhancement of streaming technologies, and systems software verification activities. Suitable candidate is responsible for any combination of programming, analysis, networking, data processing, database design and administration, end user support, and data security. Covers a broad range of technology functions rather than focusing on one specific area.
Senior Java Developer will act as a Subject Matter Expert and will work with the Security, Software, Quality Assurance and Cloud and System Administration teams among others to ensure a strong and consistent solution that follows industry best practice and open standards.
- Architect, design and develop solution on Azure and its ecosystem with consideration for Non-Functional Requirements (Scalability, Reliability, Availability, Observability, Fault Tolerance, Security, and Maintainability) Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Assist/Implement best practices and various frameworks for data ingestion, transformation, logging, monitoring, alerting and reporting on Azure.
- Responsibilities include working with cross functional teams on new product development.
- Contribute to the development of real-time message solutions and integration of distributed streaming platform technologies.
- Expertise in developing/maintaining Rest APIs/implementation of API best practices. Suitable candidate must have working experience with API Gateways.
- Work closely with application source matter experts/business partners.
- Conducts full lifecycle activities including requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Provide support with administration, configuration and troubleshooting and function as SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Help and guide other teams in their implementation of use cases.
- Collaborate with offshore developers/testers in order to execute projects through full lifecycle software development.
- 8 years or more of experience is required.
- Strategic or management consulting experience is highly preferred.
- Expert on architecting application development solutions in the Azure cloud is required.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with core & advance Java is required.
- Azure Functions
- Kubernetes (AKS)
- Cosmos DB
- RESTful APIs & Swagger
- Spring Boot
- Deployment automation skills ( git, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Sonarqube, Artifactory etc.)
- Multi-Threading programming using Java in the Azure cloud platform is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
- Client location is in the northern suburbs of Chicago, IL
Wavicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Wavicle Data Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Wavicle Data Solutions