SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
(Mechanisms, Structures & Electrical-Mechanical Systems Design & Controls)
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer at Wavemaker Labs, your core application experience and capability in electrical-mechanical systems design and controls will allow you to shine. You will work with our talented team to accelerate product development.
· Commit to desired outcomes …define desired outcomes and achieve them vigorously
· Challenge assumptions …to ensure great outcomes
· Prudent optimism …glass-half-full, with a dose of caution to challenge our assumptions
· No egos, no jerks …no joke
· Responsibilities/Outcomes Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
· Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
· Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or other relevant educational background and mastery in the following:
o Research and key component selection including sensors, actuators, controllers and any other relevant components
o Implement workable structures and kinematics design architectures
o Prepare weight budgets and margin of safety analysis based on carefully defined use cases
o Mechanical packaging of components with an eye for efficiency and design elegance
o CAD design of mechanical systems guided by load and duty-cycle analysis, kinematics studies and manufacturability
o Prepare detailed drawings of parts and assemblies using GD&T ready for manufacturing
o Compile data, prepare trade studies and present information in written and verbal form
o Develop mechanical system budgets including estimating labor, material, and any other relevant costs
· Lead technical teams in the following:
o Ideation of electrical-mechanical systems architecture, mechanism and structural mechanical systems
o Development of test plans and executing hardware integration, testing, debug and validation
o Development of mechanical systems that meet use-case, technical, operational, manufacturing, cost and schedule requirements
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills to levels above, below and in-line
· In-depth robot/automation hardware design experience with both system-level thinking and component-level development
· Experience with FEA, and/or CFD and/or surfacing
· Experience using composites, and understanding and application of properties of materials
· Experience (physically) building and maintaining complex mechanical systems
· Keen ability to identify and foresee technical risk, and engineering mindset of addressing risks early
Preferred Additional Qualifications
· Bachelors or Masters (or equivalent)
· 8+ or more years of industrial experience successfully developing real robotic/automation systems
· Experience using Simulink and writing high-level controls and state-machine firmware
· Experience developing high-voltage battery systems
Wavemaker Labs is a product development accelerator. We are a diverse team of innovators, builders and entrepreneurs, developing advanced technologies for practical use in robotics, automation and mobility… to name a few.