Wavelength Strategy is a boutique digital firm dedicated to elevating digital persuasion and paid media strategy for Democratic campaigns and progressive organizations.
In 2020, Wavelength is proud to be working with top-tier Democratic campaigns and organizations, including some of the most competitive House and Senate races in the country and the fight against Trump in battleground states. Our team combines decades of campaign management and digital communications experience to help our clients move the voters they need to win.
Our approach is:
Creative-first. To change minds and win elections, we need to do more than reach the right voters: We need to speak their language. We believe the goal of digital advertising’s targeting capabilities should be to tailor content—from issue to treatment to messenger—to the voter and the platform where it’s served.
Immersive. We’re committed to full integration and concierge service for our clients, and we’re discerning about the number and kind of clients we work with. We believe that the best results come from knowing a campaign in and out, being part of every strategy conversation, and taking the time to make higher quality creative—from scripts to finished products.
Cutting-edge. We’ve partnered with platforms and third-party vendors to develop state-of-the-art testing and modeling on measurable persuasion metrics as well as performance testing. Our mission is to migrate digital goals to broader campaign goals: moving the needle and winning.
About the role
As Wavelength’s Media Buyer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing and executing clients’ paid media persuasion and mobilization campaigns across social, search, programmatic, and other digital ad platforms
Running the buying pipeline from finalized creative delivery to launch, including copywriting, QA, and setup of new campaigns, as well as client onboarding and verification processes
- Overseeing ongoing performance and optimization of live campaigns, managing quality control and media budgets, and conducting regular reporting to track results against our clients’ goals
- Working closely with planning and data strategists to share insights, address issues, identify opportunities, and adjust media plans or creative as needed
- Working with the rest of the ads team and firm’s partners to advise and support on targeting and testing strategies to improve our buying
At Wavelength, we pride ourselves on cultivating a management-forward, mission-driven, and empowering environment that sets every member of our team up for success—and we want to work with people who are just as committed to those values. The ideal person for this role:
- Has significant experience in managing, trafficking, and reporting on paid digital media campaigns from start-to-finish, especially for persuasion and mobilization
- Is interested in using campaign research and data to develop successful paid media strategies, pinpoint audience targets, and match messages to the right voters
- Knows the ins and outs of major digital advertising platforms and tools, including self-serve DSPs and other platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Hulu, etc.)
- Has significant experience building ad reports, including exporting and manipulating platform data, building concise and informative reporting tables, and outlining meaningful and actionable insights that reflect the data presented.
- Relishes opportunities to test, optimize, analyze, and apply learnings within and across campaigns, and uses metrics to determine actions and measure progress towards goals
- Is eager to grow, learn, try big ideas, share knowledge, and keep up to date with industry best practices and cutting-edge techniques
- Pays obsessive attention to detail and has exceptional organization and project management skills, particularly with managing and tracking large-scale media budgets, and pacing and optimizing a high volume of campaigns simultaneously.
- Thrives in fast-paced, high-pressure environments and can unfailingly meet tight deadlines with minimal errors
- Demonstrates initiative, works collaboratively, and willingly contributes to the team, including pitching in wherever work needs to be done
- Is passionate about Democratic politics and progressive issues, and is fired up about helping win elections in 2020 and beyond
Location: Washington, DC + flexible remote work
Employee status: Full-time
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Health care: 100% employer-paid; includes vision and dental
Wavelength Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.