Project Compliance Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring proper Compliance in accordance with Federal, State and local requirements at multiple properties in regards to the applicable affordable housing program.
- Investigates potential tenants for eligibility for the affordable program.
- Collects and reviews housing applications and income documentation to determine tenant eligibility.
- Complete Initial Tenant Income Certifications (TIC) and submit housing applications to required regulatory agencies.
- Follows up with regulatory agencies to ensure receipt of housing applications and to ensure housing applications are compliant with applicable regulations.
- Follows up on the application through the leasing process to assist in and ensure tenant move in.
- Review and process subsidy paperwork.
- Analyzes and updates spreadsheets and reports, ensuring accuracy of the data.
- Analyzes reports to determine compliance issues and ensures issues are corrected.
- Utilize and update wait-lists or log books and other systems to reach out to potential tenants.
- Utilize Housing Connect 2.0
- Answers phones and assists tenants with inquiries
- Collecting and reviewing annual tenant re-certifications for LIHTC, HOME or FDIC.
- Contacting tenants to address, complete, and correct annual re-certifications.
- Complete and submit annual owner certifications.
- Conduct and or assist with file reviews/audits for varying regulatory agencies and investors.
- Analyzes, updates & compiles compliance related reports / spreadsheets ensuring accuracy of the data on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis.
- Scans and file varying documents in e-filing document program.
- Providing excellence in customer service by assisting callers/ tenants with all inquiries.
- Provide support to Tax Credit Department Sub-divisions as needed.
- Ensures timely responses to all emails received.
- Ensures file completion and organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- The LIHTC Compliance Specialist must be organized, ensure timely completion of all assigned tasks/ projects & ensure prompt replies to all correspondences.
- Very Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with an ability to identify and independently work on resolving discovered issues
- Ability track multiple projects & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or GED with some college.
- At least 1 year of LIHTC Compliance, Residential Rental, or Mortgage processing experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; must possess strong computer skills and typing abilities.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work independently or under direct supervision.
- Must learn quickly and have good memory.
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines.
Why consider Wavecrest Management as your future employer?
- Competitive salary.
- Ongoing professional training and workshops
- Consistently growing company/ Personal growth opportunities.
- Wavecrest Management contributes to health insurance and life insurance for their employees.
- Additional employee paid benefits are available such as Dental, Vision and 401k.
- Paid holiday, vacation and sick time.
Compensation and Benefits
- Tiered Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance plans offered
- Commuter Benefits if applicable
- Located in the heart of Richmond Hill\ (two blocks from the train station; bus stop directly in front of office)
- On Site parking offered once qualified
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties on this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise in the work environment is usually minimal.
*Wavecrest Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wavecrest Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wavecrest Management Team Ltd. is a full-service management company which began operations in 1979. Wavecrest Management is proudly family owned and operated alongside employees who are truly cared for. Wavecrest manages multiple properties across all boroughs in New York City and is continuously growing at a persistent rate.
87-14 116th StreetRichmond Hill, NY
Websitehttps://wavecrestmanagement.com/ View all jobs at Wavecrest Management
Get fresh Compliance Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.