Brand Marketing Lead, Talent
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
Our team has scaled rapidly this year and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future! Our Talent team is looking for an experienced and creative Employer Branding Lead who can own, guide and grow our employer branding and communication scope to reinforce Wave's image, as an employer of choice.
You will collaborate with the marketing team to set a high standard for process design, experimentation, internal communication, social media engagement and story-telling for the company. You will also work collaboratively with the recruiting and overall people team to build processes that provide a great candidate experience.
- Understand and express our mission, values, strategy through design and communication of our employer brand.
- Own the company's employment branding strategies from conception to completion
- Deeply understand and be an ambassador for our culture, values, and habits
- Articulate the story and principles of Wave by interviewing employees
- Make sure recruits see and experience the culture during the hiring process
- Produce content for our website, blog, and social media to grow our employment brand
- Work on building strong visibility for the company's social media platforms and hiring channels
- Build online marketing programs that promote job openings and career opportunities at Wave
- Collaborate in the expansion of the company's online presence on different employment sites, developing creative ways to draw prospective employees to the company's website and identifying plausible recruitment mediums on social media
- Devise employment branding strategies that can be locally adapted across Wave's markets
- Partner with Wave's hiring managers to design and build tailored employment brand strategies
- Learn how each team functions and their mission to build an efficient branding strategy
- Collaborate with the Recruiting team on recruitment campaigns
- 3+ years leading a brand (an employment brand or product brand)
- 2+ years of experience working at a high growth start up
- Strong writer and storyteller who is fluent in English
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Experience with SEO, SEM, running AB tests
- Experience in growth marketing, content marketing, product management or design
- Speak French
- Experienced in research and data analysis
- You can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -5 and +4) with reliable internet access
- Every four months, our remote team meets in Africa for a one-week retreat. (Wave covers all costs.)
- Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula.
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country-to-country)
- 6 months fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Think about culture and process from the user's perspective (in this case our candidates)
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Are creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Are excited by our vision of financial inclusion in Africa, adaptable and excel in multi-cultural environments
- Make data driven decisions and make use of analytics to understand employer branding problems
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We're backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
BusinessView all jobs at Wave