- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full-time | Competitive Pay & Benefits | Traveling Position
Wave Fundraising specializes in face-to-face fundraising to raise money for our partner nonprofit and charitable organizations. Our partners are working to solve some of the biggest problems facing our society - from feeding the hungry to protecting human rights and fighting climate change - and we help them build the resources they need to make an impact. By taking to the streets and neighborhoods to sign up new donors for them, we help these partners do more good in the world.
We are a people-powered enterprise; our campaigns are effective because we hire diverse teams of great people, invest in our staff, and treat them well.
We are looking for successful fundraisers and candidates with sales experience to serve as Traveling Fundraising Directors in our face-to-face (F2F) fundraising offices. A F2F Fundraising Director will spend each day signing up donors, and is responsible for training locally-hired employees to be successful fundraisers and hit ambitious donor acquisition goals. The ideal candidate loves sales and person-to-person interactions and is ready to take their experience to a mission-driven organization. This is a traveling position with approximately 2-4 months in each of 4-6 markets per year.
Featured Partner - ACLU
One of our current partners is the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU is the nation's largest public interest law firm, standing up for all Americans’ civil rights. Through litigation and lobbying, the ACLU works to protect segments of the population that have traditionally been denied their rights. With a presence in all 50 states, the ACLU is working to advance equality for people of color, women, gay and transgender people, prisoners, immigrants, and people with disabilities.
The ACLU can only sustain their critical work and take on new challenges, campaigns, and cases with members and money. That's why they're partnering with us; we have the experience and expertise to recruit the members and raise the money groups like the ACLU rely on to run effective campaigns.
Locations: Boston, MA, Portland, OR, New Orleans, LA, Washington DC, Los Angeles, CA, Durham NC, Pittsburgh PA, Philadelphia PA, Madison WI, Seattle WA, Santa Cruz CA, Tampa FL, or Detroit, MI.
This is a year round position starting now or this summer.
Fundraising & Donor Acquisition
- Acquire donors for partner organizations. Targets are determined individually for the F2F Office, but you can expect to be responsible for acquiring 8-15 new donors per week.
- Exceed the F2F Office acquisition rate goals and donor retention goals.
- Develop strategic plans to reach target donor constituencies in assigned locations.
Training & Skills Development
- Train team of 6-10 full-time and part-time staff who will sign up 30-50 donors per week.
- Provide in-office roleplays and on-site training using Wave’s proprietary training curriculum and processes. Showcase top fundraising skills. Observe trainees and provide feedback.
- Build and maintain an organizational culture that centers equity and justice. Ensure training and fundraising efforts are rooted in and shaped by the values of equity and justice.
- Motivate employees to hit their goals through on-site leadership.
- Treat trainees with empathy and respect.
- Maintain high performance standards and provide ongoing feedback and evaluation.
Improve Fundraising Performance
- Develop new fundraising techniques and suggest improvements to national leadership.
- Test messaging and scripts for partners and identify best-practices.
- Passionate about person-to-person interactions and have excellent individual fundraising and/or sales skills.
- Excited for a traveling position. You will be traveling between 4-6 markets and spending 2-4 months within a market. Wave will provide an ample stipend to cover long-term housing in each market.
- Love a fast-paced start-up environment. You’ll be helping launch new F2F Offices in each market.
- Goal-oriented and conversant in data and metrics measuring performance.
- Good communication skills.
- Capable of providing targeted feedback to improve the skills of others.
- Keen observer of the fundraising/sales process. Able to suggest changes to improve nationwide performance.
Salary: Target annual compensation for this position is $82,000-$109,600. The starting base salary range is $52,000-$67,600. Bonuses and incentives for individual fundraising performance and successful new F2F Office launches cumulatively fall in the range of $30,000 to $42,000. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, hands-on training, and opportunities for advancement. Wave will provide a $100/day housing stipend.
We prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
As a member of the Professional Face-to-Face Fundraising Association (PFFA), our organization adheres to the PFFA Code of Conduct and all requirements stated therein. We commit to the ethical, effective, and sustainable practice of face-to-face fundraising, as well as equitable, diverse and inclusive hiring, training and work place support practices for our staff, contractors and agency relationships. Further, we confirm that all positions, regardless of status, are paid positions and are not offered on a volunteer basis.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew York, NY
Non ProfitView all jobs at Wave Fundraising