Livestock Transport Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Livestock Transport Specialist
At Waukon Feed Ranch, agriculture and family are the roots of our business. Our mission is to grow and develop our customers, employees, and community through providing products and services needed for a vibrant rural economy. The Livestock Transport Specialist contributes to our mission by transporting pigs to and from the sow farm and nursery/finish site to the truck wash drop point following biosecurity to keep trucks, trailers, and truck wash clean and disease free. This overall contributes to our mission by providing quality genetics for the swine industry from right in our rural community that feeds the world.
As a Livestock Transport Specialist, a typical day may include the following:
- Transport swine via semi-truck and trailer a short distance to and from our sow and nursery/finish site.
- Load and unload swine of all ages from trailers in an efficient and humane manner, with livestock care and animal welfare at the forefront.
- Wash and sanitize trucks, trailers, and wash bays after each load.
- Take charge of maintenance and repairs needed as well as DOT inspections of equipment.
- Clean and organize truck wash facility to Waukon Feed Ranch and integrator standard.
- Must become TQA and PQA certified (certification will be done internally).
- Understand and follow biosecurity protocols and follow them.
- Work 30-32 hours per week, schedule will vary based on load times with most hours occurring in the morning and evening on weekdays, and occasional weekend hours.
This is a part time position, if interested in full time work. The following responsibilities will be added to the above transportation position:
- Option 1: Maintenance
- Outside maintenance of swine facilities at three sites including mowing, weed control, snow removal, and building repairs.
- Inside maintenance of swine facilities including basic plumbing, electrical, welding working primarily with gating, feed, and water systems.
- Delivering supplies to swine facilities.
- Option 2: Caretaker
- Work on a team to complete tasks various tasks on a genetic sow farm from breeding to marketing.
- Tasks include artificially inseminating animals, assisting with birthing of piglets, giving shots, tattooing and/or tagging animals, moving animals, keep accurate records, making sure animals have proper food, water, and air.
This job might be for you if:
- You are able to work with a flexible schedule and flex to the various load times that this job requires.
- You have a valid driver’s license.
- You put animal welfare at the forefront, making sure all animals are well taken care of.
- You like to be physically active and like variety in your work.
- You have excellent communication.
- You are a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- You are punctual, dependable, and can meet time commitments.
- You have a positive attitude.
- You are able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for 8 to 10 hours a day
- You are able to frequently bend, reach, squat, and kneel.
- You have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Fill out an application at waukonfeedranch.com/employmentapp
- This job is located near Glen Flora, Wisconsin.
Waukon Feed Ranch
AddressGlen Flora, WI
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Livestock Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.