- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Waukegan Steel is a structural steel fabricator serving the greater Chicagoland area. Our team has worked on various projects throughout the city including, Soldier Field, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Navy Pier, Willis Tower, Northwestern Welsh-Ryan Arena, Washington/Wabash CTA Platform, Ravinia Festival, and Lincoln Park Zoo.
The Project Manager will effectively manage large and/or multiple smaller structural steel and misc metals projects. This position will report to the Director of Field Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop professional relationships with clients and vendors.
- Read and understand blueprint, architectural drawings, and other related documents.
- Work alongside the purchasing team to ensure all material is on hand when needed.
- Negotiate costs/contracts with subcontractors.
- Work closely with Project Management team throughout each project.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years experience with structural steel fabrication/erection or related industry
- 2+ years experience in construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering preferred
- Prior project management or project engineer experience working in construction or other related field is preferred
- Job site experience,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interest in the steel fabrication/construction industry
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Team player, prefers fast paced environment, comfortable multi-tasking, prioritizing, and ability to handle multiple projects at various phases of construction
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient with architectural/structural blueprint reading and steel shop drawing packages
- Familiar with developing project specific scopes of work, detail oriented
- Knowledge of AIA billing process (G702/G703)
- Tekla EPM (Fabsuite) or similar experience +++
- Salary commensurate with yrs of experience and qualifications
- Familiar with processing/tracking submittals, RFIs, change orders; PROCORE or similar experience
Waukegan SteelWhy Work Here?
Waukegan Steel has been working on large and small projects all throughout the Chicagoland area! Come join us to help the city grow!
Waukegan Steel is an AISC certified structural steel fabricator located in the northern suburbs of Illinois. The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall operational results for Waukegan Steel’s 80,000 sq. ft. steel fabrication facility. They will be focused on driving safety & operational best practices, continuous improvement, and LEAN initiatives to maximize efficiency and productivity to meet customer needs.
1201 Belvidere Rd.Des Plaines, IL