Nutritionist - Site Supervisor
Watts Healthcare Downey, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical
Responsible for the supervision of the WIC clinic. Will do nutrition counseling for low and high-risk individuals on the program as needed. Nutritionist, I will be responsible for one (1) special assignment area. This position is ultimately 50% administrative and 50% direct client service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the overall direction of the clinic including appointment scheduling, enrollments, certification, disqualifications and authorization of WIC checks for participants on the program via the ISIS computer system.
- Supervises, counsels, disciplines and prepares annual/probationary employee performance evaluations.
- Acts as a troubleshooter, as needed, for employee problems.
- Works as a team with other clinic supervisors and the Manager of Operations to ensure the smooth operation of all clinic sites.
- Plans direct and organizes the clinic activities to meet the federal, state, and local agency requirements.
- Fosters teamwork among the clinic staff.
- Responsible for documenting site related incidents and for alerting the manager of operations when employee, participant or facility problems occur.
- Responsible for maintaining site food instrument/ check stock inventory control and security.
- Schedule clinic site staffing and meetings. Assists with training employees in the clinic.
- Manages participant problems at the clinic level or refers them to the appropriate coordinator for resolution.
- Provides nutritional screening, assessments, counseling, and prescriptions for participants.
- Ensures that all required clinic reports are done in a timely manner.
- Responsible for conducting audits, as requested, for the WIC Department or Quality Improvement Program.
- Assists in developing WIC procedural protocols.
- Responsible for order requisitions of office equipment, supplies, and maintenance.
- Provides relief for other WIC clinic sites as necessary.
- Responsible for at least one special assignment area including, but not limited to, breastfeeding, motor voter, immunizations, domestic violence, lead screening, outreach, social services, referral, staff training and development, and ISIS.
- Responsible for ISIS equipment and ensuring ISIS procedures are followed so that the operation runs smoothly.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE; Bachelor's Degree in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics, Health Education or related health field and completion of an approved internship program by the American Dietetic Association (ADA) and be RD eligible.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES;
Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to work with the corporate office, WIC personnel, and other program personnel.
Must be ethnically sensitive to the staff and participant needs.
Must have computer skills.
Bilingual may be required (Spanish/English).
A valid California Class 3 Driver's License and own transportation. Proof of automobile liability insurance before the start of employment is required.
R.D. eligible (completion of internship), with ADA and provide proof.
COMMENTS: This job requires that you are willing and able to work Saturday schedule and late hours if needed. The job requires flexibility to move from one WIC site to another as well as other locations as needed. Position requires that one is willing to work at any WIC location.
With over 50 years of service, our goal is to improve the health of the community we serve by creating easier access to quality clinical, preventative, and specialty healthcare services. WHCC is deemed by the Bureau of Primary Health Care of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to be a federal employee for purposes of medical malpractice claims and, as such, qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act.
Watts HealthcareWhy Work Here?
Wonderful benefits, Great staff, Rewarding culture. 50 years of service.
The mission of the Watts Healthcare Corporation is “to improve the health and well-being of the people and communities that we serve by ensuring access to compassionate, quality, culturally-sensitive preventive and primary health care services.” With over 50 years of service, our goal is to improve the health of the community we serve by creating easier access to quality clinical, preventative, and specialty healthcare services. WHCC is deemed by the Bureau of Primary Health Care of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to be a federal employee for purposes of medical malpractice claims and, as such, qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act.