Nurse Practitioner (Adult)
Watts Healthcare Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provides general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facilities such as clinics or health centers, under direction of the Associate Medical Director, by performing the following duties.
- Order interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Discusses case with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physicians for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner training program and certification by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing. A license to practice nursing in California.
At least two (2) years experience in a primary health care setting.
Familiarity with patient care. Good verbal communication skills. Some computer knowledge required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to: successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
With over 50 years of service, our goal is to improve the health of the community we serve by creating easier access to quality clinical, preventative, and specialty healthcare services. WHCC is deemed by the Bureau of Primary Health Care of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to be a federal employee for purposes of medical malpractice claims and, as such, qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act.
Watts HealthcareWhy Work Here?
Wonderful benefits, Great staff, Rewarding culture. 50 years of service.
The mission of the Watts Healthcare Corporation is “to improve the health and well-being of the people and communities that we serve by ensuring access to compassionate, quality, culturally-sensitive preventive and primary health care services.” With over 50 years of service, our goal is to improve the health of the community we serve by creating easier access to quality clinical, preventative, and specialty healthcare services. WHCC is deemed by the Bureau of Primary Health Care of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to be a federal employee for purposes of medical malpractice claims and, as such, qualified for protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act.
AddressLos Angeles, CA