Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider and performs administrative and clerical duties in order to support patients and customers in an outpatient clinic and/or medical office setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with ordered treatments as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment, which includes adequately supplied exam rooms.
- Administers medications including injectables according to approved procedures and provider instructions. Documents administration in patient's chart.
- Collects and packages specimens for lab processing. Performs routine office lab tests, EKGs, X-Rays, and other procedures as ordered. Instructs patients regarding preparation for tests and signing consent forms when necessary.
- Enters orders and results into the EMR system.
- Complies with CLIA, OSHA, and other regulatory agency standards. Participates in in-service programs as needed. Follows infection controls and safety policies.
- Performs various clerical duties including answering the phone and patient callbacks, and may be required to check in and checkout as needed.
Job Type: Full-Time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Medical Assisting experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Graduate of a Medical Assistant Certification program. BLS Healthcare Provider (BLS-HCP) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) prior to start/hire date or within 30 days of hiring. Employee must be drug free.
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)