Are you skilled in all facets of rotational molding tooling? In this role, you’ll use your hard tooling skills to directly impact products that improve people’s lives such as, Hot Spring® Spas, Caldera® Spas, Freeflow Spas®, Fantasy Spas®, and Endless Pools®, and will provide critical support to our manufacturing operations by helping ensure production lines are able to run smoothly. You’ll be responsible for all aluminum mold modification and repair in our fast-paced manufacturing environment, including tasks like reworking tool surfaces by removing porosity and defects, relocating mold details, drilling frame centers, and repairing steel mold frames. You will also perform all aspects of the welding process, from preparation to completion.
YOUR RIPPLE EFFECT
- Do you have rotational molding tooling experience? You will prepare new molds for introduction and will be our subject matter expert on all aspects of rotational mold repair, including strengthening and reshaping molds. You will regularly perform mold modifications and repairs, such as matching drill mold bases, installing locating and backing plates, adjusting core clearance to control part flash, laying out and installing drill centers, and adding air systems.
- Are you skilled in cast aluminum? You’ll work primarily with cast aluminum when repairing molds, as well as filter core recesses, filter buckets, door cores and other shop aids as needed. You will need to know how to heat and manipulate metals and be responsible for moving aluminum flanges, mold features and cores into their desired shape/location. Prior experience with metal-working tools like a plasma cutter and oxy-acetylene torch is required.
- Can you visualize in 3D? In order to troubleshoot and perform repairs, you will detect defects on a part master and dimensionally transpose them to the inverted mold surface using a variety of tool including machinist scales, dividers, calipers, trammel points.
- Do you enjoy being hands-on with your work? We are looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and perform all stages of welding activity, including surface prep, grinding, resurfacing, and retexturizing of mold surfaces as well as working with aluminum, and steel.
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? You’ll need to work quickly and accurately in a high-speed setting. You will be tasked to effectively problem-solve and prioritize quality workmanship while managing multiple deadline-dependent projects.
- Do you work well within a team and cross-functionally? You will work with the rest of the Tooling department to service both internal and external customers. You’ll also work with Manufacturing Engineering and/or other departments to solve issues and perform additional troubleshooting.
- Are you eager to grow your portfolio of tooling skills? You’ll be exposed to fiber glassing and vacuum-forming mold making and will have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills further by cross-training in composites to provide related support as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent, combined with technical and/or on-the job training.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ related experience in rotational mold repair/welding, fabrication, and metalworking.
- Any related trade certifications such as in Welding is a plus.
- Previous Forklift Certification and experience is required.
- Experience with aluminum and steel MIG and TIG welding required. Oxy-acetylene and plasma-cutting a must.
- Experience with shop and hand tools required - i.e. drills, grinders, sanders, air hammer, drill press, cold saw, belt sander, band saw, pipe threader, etc. Mill and lathe experience a plus.
- Must be able to read and work to blueprints and drawings.
- Excellent problem-solving, judgment skills, and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to work independently and within a team environment are needed.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization is required to be successful in this position.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
At Watkins Wellness®, we believe that everyone should ‘Feel good, Live well.” so, we offer employees the opportunity to join a dynamic, growing industry leader with an outstanding and well-deserved reputation for leadership and commitment to our employees, customers and community. We also offer a competitive package including exceptional health and wellness benefits, paid time off, bonus, profit sharing, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more.
We look for candidates that exhibit The Watkins Way (always Ethical, endeavors to be Transparent, embraces Inclusion, welcomes Diverse backgrounds and perspectives, Accommodating, believes in Work-Life Balance, puts Safety First, Accountable, values Relationships, Passionate, Team Player, and Goal Driven).
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Work Here?Watkins Wellness®, established in 1977 in Vista, Calif., is dedicated to promoting wellness to consumers who live active lifestyles and are health conscious. The company manufactures the Endless Pools® line of aquatic fitness products, and is also the world's largest manufacturer of hot tubs, including Hot Spring® Spas, Hot Spot® Spas, Caldera® Spas, and the American Hydrotherapy Systems spa brands. The Watkins Wellness dealer network extends into all 50 states and more than 70 countries. Watkins Wellness is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), a Fortune 500 company whose products include Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; Kichler® lighting.
Strong company with great benefits and leadership!