- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary of Position:
The Estimator is responsible for estimating construction projects throughout the Southern CA market. The ideal candidate would be familiar with Bidmail, Bluebeam (or similar on-screen take-off software), G-Sheets (or Excel) and have a strong knowledge of the local subcontractor base. Candidate should have a working knowledge of commercial construction, multi-family, hospitality, and retail construction codes, methods and standards for all trades (renovation or new construction).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform complete and accurate quantity take-offs from project plans
• Distribute and interpret plans, specifications, and details to subcontractors
• Solicit and engage subcontractors and consultants via email and by phone
• Attend/lead bid walks with clients and subcontractors
• Effectively produce and respond to RFP’s and RFI’s
• Produce complete estimates with quantified scopes for each trade to confirm coverage
• Prepare proposal package and other proposal documentation per company standards
• Assemble proposal qualifications and assumptions
• Produce conceptual/budget estimates based on vague plans and unit pricing
• Create and organize project proposal presentations
• Collaborate with WLC staff to assist in proposed project schedules
• Develop relationships with owner, developers, architects and industry professionals
• Develop and maintain relationships with company and personal network of subcontractors
• Integrate yourself in the business community as a representative of Watkins Landmark
• Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and
arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Watkins Landmark Construction
5441 Avenida EncinasCarlsbad, CA
Get fresh Construction Project Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.