Start or continue to build your career with a top ranked mortgage company!
Waterstone Mortgage was recently named the #2 Best Company to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine! Our company culture is second to none; to learn more about our exceptional work/life balance and employee engagement, visit GlassDoor. We pride ourselves on offering a full benefits package, including competitive pay, 401k match and PTO.
The primary function of the Loan Partner is to manage the Loan Officer’s pipeline and to make certain that all loans are ready for submission to the Processing Department. This position is also responsible for communicating with referral partners, current and past clients, listing and selling agents, title companies, lenders and Underwriters to solidify relationships and garner future business. Assist Loan Originator in taking applications, scheduling appointments, and locking loans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Screen calls and book appointments for Loan Originator.
· Track leads on a daily basis for Loan Originator.
· Responsible for taking applications and scheduling appointments for the mortgage team.
· Assist Loan Originator in gathering all necessary forms and paperwork.
· Responsible for assisting in submitting complete loan applications for each customer file.
· As part of the sales team, this individual is responsible for requesting/obtaining referrals from all WMC clients, current and potential along with sales partners.
· Ensure the CRM is updated with new listing agents, referring agents, title companies, and builders.
· Conducts weekly pipeline meetings with Loan Originators and addresses, and coordinates any additional follow-up items.
· Answers questions regarding closing requirements from, but not limited to other staff members, branches vendors and investors.
· Track all requested documents in Encompass.
· Respond to customer inquiries and other related parties on transactions as needed.
· Responsible for tracking all leads until an appointment is scheduled on the calendar.
· Attend all Branch/team meetings.
· Maintain Loan Originator calendar. This includes scheduling, updating and confirming appointments.
· Complete regulatory and compliance training as required.
· Pull credit and other documents as they pertain to lead generation.
· Run or check that the Automated Underwriting with updated Encompass file has been run, and read what the required documentation will be that is needed. Make sure that Automated Underwriting results match
· Cross training ability to learn other positions to help the Branch when vacations and illness occur.
• Complete any additional duties assigned by management
• Complete regulatory and compliance training, as required
• Assist WMC employees and departments as needed
• Responsible for partnering with Corporate Marketing to create and/or order marketing
• Oversee and manage event planning for client events
ATTRIBUTES OF SUCCESSFUL LOAN PARTNERS
• Goal oriented
• Team player
Individuals in this position shall not engage in loan origination during the course of his/her employment with WMC. Loan origination is defined as (1) taking a residential mortgage loan application; or (2) offering or negotiating terms of a residential mortgage loan for compensation or gain; (3) advertising or communicating to the public that you can perform loan origination services. Please see the Loan Originator Compensation Policy for more details on the definition of loan origination.