Windows System Administrator - HBSS, SCOM, Nessus
Watershed Security is a Veteran Owned Small Business and a leader in providing quality Cyber Security Services to the Federal Government. Watershed is a great place to work, offering a challenging and respectful work environment. We are growing fast and strive to deliver our vision every day: “To inspire trust and respect with our customers and employees. Integrity in all we do.”
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Configures, runs, and maintains Network Defense tools to include the McAfee ePO suite (which includes module such as Exploit Prevention, ENS, SolidCore, etc.) and Nessus vulnerability scanner.
- Collects and aggregates all information received from Net Defense tools on a daily basis.
- Analyzes report and isolate security intrusions, security incidents and compromises and viruses affecting all servers and clients.
- Reviews weekly all server audit logs for analysis and determination of actual or attempted security breaches.
- Provides trend analysis of event, ensuring best security practices and identifying misrouted traffic.
- Reports triggered security events discovered during analysis.
- Provides written morning reports to the Government with regard to CND situational awareness.
- Keeps current with DISA EXORDs, OPORDs and FRAGOs
- Maintains oversight of ports and protocols program.
- Conducts annual Network and System Security reviews, including vulnerability scanning of networks, annual Contingency Plan Testing, annual PII assessments, annual Security Controls Review, and annual Security Review for all assigned systems.
- Helps to identify and track IAVMs.
- Administers Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Assists with server maintenance.
- Integrates with the Change Management process, ensuring new systems meet existing security requirements, regulations, and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science OR a related field
- Five (5) years’ experience
- Experience with McAfee ePO suite, Nessus vulnerability scanner and SCOM
- MS Windows Server implementation experience, preferably Server 2019
- SCOM experience
- VMware experience, a plus
- AWS-Cloud experience, certifications a plus
- Information Assurance experience, Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience a plus
- Active DoD Secret or Interim Secret
- Categorized as DoD IAT Level II position with the following certification requirements:
- Baseline certification (e.g., Security +)
- Computing Environment Certification (e.g., Server+, Microsoft Operating System certification, CCNA, VmWare etc …)
- Preferred Certification: Any AWS Certification (Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect Associate or Professional, Developer Associate, SysOps Administrator Associate, or DevOps Engineer Professional)
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Watershed Security offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid medical and dental, short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days of PTO to start and 10 paid holidays per year.
Powered by JazzHR
Watershed SecurityArlington, VA
Real EstateView All Watershed Security Jobs
Get fresh Windows System Administrator - HBSS, SCOM, Nessus jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.