Compliance ISSE with AWS Remote in Vienna, VA area
- Posted: over a month ago
Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
We are looking for an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE), the Cybersecurity Engineer's role is to conduct information system security engineering activities, confirm that information security requirements are effectively implemented throughout the security architecting, design, development, configuration, and implementation processes. The ISSE will perform research system computer security, system exploitation, penetration testing, and software security assessment for applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the analysis and definition of security requirements for security issues on software and system implementations. Oversees Cybersecurity Engineer.
- Responsible for capturing and refining information security requirements.
- Serve as an integral part of the development team designing and developing organizational information systems or upgrading legacy systems.
- Employs best practices when implementing security requirements within an information system including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques.
- Insures (IDAM) Software Integration policy and oversight including Username/password and PKI authentication, security access controls, limiting user access to any data at or below the security level assigned to the user's account, Monitor and restrict all network traffic, encrypt all mission data at rest and in transit, require and force all data to be appropriately tagged in accordance with department guidance.
- Prepare SSPs, Risk Assessment Reports, A&A packages, and Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), monthly and quarterly risk compliance reports.
- Has experience in AWS and vulnerability management leveraging tools including Tenable Nessus, DBProtect, WebInspect, ForeScout
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- BS in IT related field
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience conducting security control assessments and/or implementation using NIST SP 800-53 and NIST SP 800-53A Rev 4.
- Experience running vulnerability and compliance scans using tools like tenable.sc, WebInspect, DBProtect, etc.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and being a self-starter.
- Experience with High Value Asset (HVA) systems
- Experience with cloud migration and working with AWS
- Experience in Secure SDLC, working directly with project teams to advise on control implementation to meet NIST SP800-53 controls
- ServiceNow experience is Preferred
- Remote DMV area
Benefits and Perks
Watershed Security offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid medical and dental, short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days of PTO to start and 10 paid holidays per year.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?