Network/System Administrator II
- Expired: August 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come make your mark with Watermark! We're a rapidly growing Service- Disabled, Veteran- Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) specializing in risk management and security. Founded by USAF Veterans in 2007, we're intimately familiar with DOD security programs and mission requirements. Along with our core values of innovation, effective communication, integrity and work/life balance, our employees are the key to our success.
At Watermark, our people come first. We offer comprehensive benefits to address our employees' physical, mental, emotional, and financial well-being. This includes 100% employer- paid medical insurance, ample paid leave, a free employee assistance program, and a competitive 401k savings plan. Additionally, to protect our workforce against COVID-19 and its variants, and in compliance with Executive Order 14042, Watermark will require all current and new employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, unless eligible for a religious or disability accommodation.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Network/System Administrator II to join our team.
The primary function will be to organize, install, and support government organization's computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems. This will also include helping architect, design and analyze network models. It will require participation in decisions about buying future hardware or software to upgrade organization's infrastructure. This position might be called upon to provide technical support to computer users to help solve users' problems. This position will support activities within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
In this role you will....
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision
- Execute day to day management and operations of systems and networks
- Manage COTS & GOTS products to collect, display and remediate a variety of automated system security and system operations/performance functions and metrics
- Follow Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Operate monitoring tools/capabilities with the enterprise security information and event management (SIEM) and create/tailor complex event alarms/rules and summary reports
- Assist in analyzing technical risk, upon request, of emerging cybersecurity tools and processes
- Work as part of a security incident response team as needed
- Working technical competency in one or more of the following supported platforms: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, MS Hyper-V/VMWare/ESx/Xen Hypervisors, Enterprise networking/firewalls/intrusion detection/prevention systems, forensic analysis/vulnerability assessment, Group Policy management and configuration, Scripting, BMC Footprints, WSUS, , Lumension, Bitlocker, SQL Server 2012, TomCat, IIS, Windows Server 2012r2/2016, Win 10, Red Hat 6.5, Microsoft Office
- Toolkits, SEIMs, Logrhythm, ACAS/Nessus/SCAP, mandatory/role-based access control concepts (e. g. SE Linux extensions to RHEL, PitBull, AppArmor, and Sentris) , video teleconferencing/VOIP, Oracle/MS SQL database security, and Apache/IIS Web server security
- 3 - 5 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II within 6 months of the date of hire
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, and as needed RHEL operating systems administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies
- Working knowledge communication security (COMSEC) policies and integration
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to assessments and authorization
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL2 and PL3 network environments/systems
- Experience providing technical support in a customer service role
- Experience applying industry standards and best practices in an enterprise-level Windows system environment.
- Experience solving technical problems quickly and identifying opportunities to automate repetitive processes.
- Working knowledge of WSUS and/or YUM patch deployment methodologies
- Must be familiar with DoD policy as it applies to implementing and executing system and network administration
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021 all current and new Watermark employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment, unless the employee is eligible for a religious or disability accommodation.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileDesired salary What level security clearance do you currently maintain?* -- No answer --I do not currently possess a clearancePublic TrustSecretTSTS/SCITS/SCI with Poly As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all Watermark employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Fully Vaccinated means you received your last vaccination 14 days prior to your start date. Are you currently or will you be fully vaccinated prior your start date with Watermark Risk Management International, LLC or December 8th, 2021, whichever is later?* Yes, I am or will be fully vaccinated prior to starting a new position with Watermark No, I am not nor do I intend to be fully vaccinated prior to starting a new position with Watermark No, I am not vaccinated and plan to request a religious or disability (medical) accommodation as required by law As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, Watermark Risk Management International, LLC must verify the vaccination status of all newly hired and current employees via one of the following documents:
A copy of the record of immunization from a health care provider or pharmacy
A copy of the COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (CDC Form MLS-319813_r, published on September 3, 2020),
A copy of medical records documenting the vaccination
A copy of immunization records from a public health or State immunization information system,
A copy of any other official documentation verifying vaccination with information on the vaccine name, date(s) of administration, and the name of health care professional or clinic site administering vaccine.
Will you provide Watermark a confidential copy of your immunization record when requested?* Yes, I will provide proof of vaccination status to Watermark Risk Management International, LLC when requested No, I decline to provide proof of vaccination status to Watermark Risk Management International, LLC No, I do not have proof of vaccination. I plan to request a religious or disability (medical) accommodation as required by law The following questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more. GenderDecline to answerFemaleMale Race/EthnicityDecline to answerHispanic or LatinoWhite, not Hispanic or LatinoBlack or African-American, not Hispanic or LatinoAsian, not Hispanic or LatinoNative Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, not Hispanic or LatinoAmerican Indian or Alaskan Native, not Hispanic or LatinoTwo or More Races, not Hispanic or Latino Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
- A "disabled veteran" is one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
- A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
- An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty
Watermark Risk Management International
Get fresh Administrator II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.