We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our mission "to welcome, to care, to serve" derives from four primary points
of view which inspire our associates to recognize and celebrate one another's
gifts through service.
Our associates answer a calling to serve seniors and their families
everyday. They are recognized for their achievements and empowered to share
their vast experience with their peers ensuring the quality of our assisted living
and memory care services and the well-being of our residents. Our associates
champion a culture which nurtures relationships in the interest of acting as
trusted advisors. By continuously investing in these servant hearts, we develop
value-centered leaders who deliver personalized service.
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Program/Activities Specialist assists with the overall Senior Living Community Program to ensure resident lives are enriched by offering a broad range of programs in a variety of settings. These programs should appeal to the varied lifestyles and backgrounds of the residents, while offering choice, fostering independence, promoting individuality, and nurturing the spirit of each individual.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts individual, small group and large group programs
- Attends outings with the residents
- Participates in celebrating resident events accomplishments:birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Participates in a variety of activities and programs such as:intellectual, cognitive, physical, spiritual, social, recreational, creative, reminiscence, life work, life experiences, cultural, outdoor / nature, inter-generational, male or female oriented, educational, special programs for memory impairment and volunteer opportunities
- Participates in interest groups such as:Garden Club, Book or Reading Club, etc.
- Ensures the resident library is updated and utilized.
- Assists with the development of the Community Program calendar and newsletter
- Recommends and assists with the ordering of supplies needed for programs
- Assists with developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the Community Program department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software to include Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, team members, residents, family members, vendors, referral sources and outside contact
- Must be able to communicate in a warm, friendly and caring manner
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Experience in senior living preferred