WaterSaver Faucet Co. manufactures specialized precision valves and faucets for use in science laboratories. We are a third-generation, family-owned company that has been in business for over sixty-five years. Our products are used all over the world and we are the worldwide leader in our industry.
Our 125,000 square foot headquarters and main manufacturing facility is located northwest of downtown Chicago. This facility was recently expanded and renovated into a state-of-the-art, LEED Gold-certified manufacturing plant. We employ (180) people at this location. We also operate a facility in Monterrey, Mexico for manufacturing component parts.
We offer a work place environment that rewards commitment, talent and the drive for excellence.
Role & Responsibilities:
We have an opening in our Engineering Department for a Manufacturing Engineer. This is a hands-on role, working to support our manufacturing processes. Responsibilities include the following.
- CNC Programming
- Create CNC programs for prototype and production components
- Improve current processes - process documentation, cycle time reduction, investigate new tooling, etc.
- Troubleshoot production and quality issues
- Develop robust Post Processors for all CNC control types
- CAD Modelling
- Document tooling, fixturing and work-holding by creating solid models and part prints
- Design new tooling and fixtures
- Develop numbering conventions for in-house tooling
- Robotics Integration
- Implementation of robotic loading/unloading of new CNC equipment
- Improve processes on current robotic cells
- Create work instructions for current and new robotic cells
- Tool Crib Inventory System
- Implement and maintain new tooling inventory system in tool crib
- Create tracking system to improve visibility of valuable tooling
- Improve storage efficiency in tool crib
Candidates should possess the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of work experience (internship, coop, etc.). Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes (milling, turning, bending, grinding, etc.).
- Knowledge of CNC programming (Fanuc, Okuma OSP).
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, MasterCAM, Microsoft Office.
- Desire to work hands-on in a machine shop environment.
- Team player, able to work with people from the corner office to the shop floor.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new processes and technologies.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with education, skills and experience.
- BlueCross BlueShield Health Insurance.
- MetLife PPO Dental Insurance.
- VSP Vision Insurance.
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Combined Profit Sharing and 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Company match.
- Educational Expense Assistance Program.
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid sick leave.
WaterSaver Faucet Co./Guardian Equipment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and retaining a diverse work force and providing a safe and healthy work environment.